Epilogue

Epilogue

On a trip back to Illinois, Peter and Penny were visiting Penny grandparents when they told them of what they planned to do the upcoming Sunday. Sam and Stacey couldn't have been happier to hear what Peter and Penny planned to do. Even though they were still confused and concerned on Penny's schooling they could see that she was happy and she was indeed learning something, somewhere.

"Will you come with us to Lacey and Henry's church this Sunday?" Penny asked them. "It would mean a lot if you both were there. I think mama would have like it that way."

"You are entirely right, Penny. Your mama would have loved what you plan to do." Stacey said with a soft smile.

"You wouldn't miss it for the world." Sam added, hugging Penny's still tiny body.

"Miss Turner," Penny waved to Lacey and Henry from the churches stage. Today Penny and Peter were going to be baptized. After Lacey taught them of God's word and his plan for all the lost children, Penny had accepted God as her savior and wanted to make it really official by getting baptized.

Peter had seen how Penny had changed, had this new light about her so he started sitting on lessons Lacey taught the lost kids. He had learned so much and he believed. He believe that Jesus was the son of God and came down to save them from their sins, and the Lord knows that Peter has sinned.

"You ready to be baptized in the name of the holy spirit?" Penny was tipped back into the tub of water and rose up drenched, but cleanse. Peter did the same. They were saved so one day, Darla would get to see her baby girl in Heaven.