Penny

***************

"Penny is three years old and capable of doing everything!" The lost kids said as they visited her nursery after her third birthday party. Peter had a lot of cleaning to do after the lost kids visited but it was nice to see them after being gone for so long.

"You don't need her to grow up more," they said.

"We don't want to have to change her diaper though."

"But we want her in Neverland."

"We love her!"

"We want her with us!"

"We are her family!"

They were right, they were Penny's family and Peter was happier with the lost kids and Tinkerbell. Darla's parents were helpful with Penny and loved to see a bit of Darla in Penny's personality, but there was something so sad about seeing them that made Peter want to leave even more. He saw family dinners, with Sam glaring across the table at Peter while Darla held Peter's hand under the table. He saw his first date with Darla, dropping her off at home that night after coming back from Neverland. Peter's happy memories happened at that house, with Darla... and he didn't like going back.

The past three years consisted of a lot of Penny's firsts; First Christmas, first steps, first words, all the firsts that Darla would have wanted to see. After that first year Peter and Penny were stable, working and slowly moving on. But staying put for almost three years was hard. Sure Peter was promoted at work and Penny was on a proper sleep schedule here but Peter didn't plan to stay this long. Even with Darla, they planned on traveling and moving Penny to Neverland within her first year for a bit, but without Darla, Peter didn't feel like moving, he felt like he was stuck in a shallow grave unable to do anything. He felt like part of him was missing, so he needed Neverland, Penny needed Neverland.

"What do you mean you are traveling for a year?" They couldn't wrap their minds around the fact that Peter was taking a baby around the world.

"It is very safe and people do it all the time." That was a lie, no one travels to Neverland with a child this small.

"I don't think it is a good idea Peter." Mr. Jones said as he handed Penelope back to Peter.

"Darla and I were going to travel and I think that she would have wanted to let Penny travel and... I think it will help me," Peter added as he strapped Penny into her car seat before leaving the Jones house. Hoping time would heal this wound.

"Please be careful" They knew that once Peter had anything set in his mind he was not going to change it. And he was set on Neverland.

"We will try and visit around the holidays." Peter gave them a hug goodbye and went home to pack up Penny's things. The lost kids took some things with them over the past month, so Peter could focus on bringing Penny. The apartment was almost empty, although there were few of Darla's things that Peter wanted to take with him personally to make sure that they were safe. As Peter packed up the last bits of Darla, her journals, bible, pictures, annotated books and everything Peter thought had an extra bit of her was strategically placed in his back pack.

"You ready to go to your new home?" Peter asked as he put his oversized child in a front carrying pouch. The device Peter struggled with was meant for a child under 1 because no one wanted to carry a three year old on their back but Peter needed too, how else was Penny to get to Neverland? Peter had hit order on the 'Hiking Child Backpack' and cursed as it came seeing how small it was. Lucky Penny was a small child and was able to be squished in.