"I don't want our child to be living in a land of war..." she rubbed at her distended belly then back up to the swaying ships. "I want our baby to grow up in a peaceful Neverland, a Neverland that the lost kids can have fun with the pirates, not try and take off their hands." Her glare went to Hook's hand that was now a hook.

"Technically," Peter started about to explain again that he didn't take his hand, that the crocodile did, but he understood what she meant. "Okay, make peace not war." Peter stated moving back towards their campground.

"Your mom wanted peace, she even made cookies for them as a peace treaty."

"She made them cookies?" Penny couldn't believe it, her mother, her brave fearless mother held up the white flag and made them cookies. "That's why they have been slowly creeping onto our land." She exclaimed slamming down a large log, the sparks landing on her bare feet. She jumped back feeling a slight burning pain for a moment. "Either they want more cookies or they know that you have gotten weak," she said softly not wanting to admit it but, she knew Peter went blind when it came to what Darla thought was best.

"Well of course they want more cookies but wait... What do you mean, they think I'm weak?" Peter's calm persona was gone and filled with competition. Penny tried to hide a smirk as she moved back towards the fire. Its glow seemed to be so small compared to the growing sunlight. "I am not weak." Peter announced starring deeply into the forest in the direction of the sea.

"I know that, but they only see you as a grown man playing house in the forest." Peter scoffed at her words. "I know that you are brave and strong but..." she let her words hang, reconsidering that she would need Peter on her side if this was going to work.

************

Who was this boy that appeared out of nowhere? Penny thought as she watched him slowly prowl around the mainland. He wasn't a lost boy, he was far too afraid. Not a merman either Penny thought, as he flinched when the mermaid pond's waves crashed against the shore.

"Who are you?" Penny whispered to herself as she looked around her hiding spot in the giant Willow tree. She made sure she was able to see but unable to be seen. Trees stretched all over Neverland, trees were continuous and never ending. She could hop from tree to tree around the entire island if she wanted, she had done that before and she had never seen this particular boy.

"Ouch," he said meekly as he stepped into one of the lost girls booby traps. He pulled his foot out of the hole and a small garden snake popped out, hissing wildly at him. The boy fell backwards scampering to try and stand up but was unable to move beyond a few feet. The snake wouldn't hurt him Penny thought as she swung down near him ushering the snake away and helping him up. She held out a hand but he was still fixated on the retreating snake. She shook her hand in his face awaiting for him to except her help.

"Thanks," he said once he took her hand, shaking off his clothes and clasping his hands together removing the excess dirt.

"Who are you?" Penny asked curiosity coated her tone as she started to climb up a tree but thought better of it. If she wanted to find out who he was she should probably stay on the ground. He was not like the other kids here, he wasn't sturdy and adventurous, he was thin, shy and scared. Penny pushed off the tree and landed right in front of him. He was a whole head taller than Penny but she didn't care about anyone's, height, weight, color, mermaid or otherwise, just as long as she had fun, that's what Peter taught her at least.

"I'm..." Henry started but clamped his mouth closed as if under a spell unable to speak the truth.

"Fine don't tell me," Penny said taking a step away from him, "then you don't get to know who I am." Henry nodded slowly, that could work, she wouldn't find out he was a pirate and she wouldn't try and kill him. "Come on," she said marching off into the forest.

"Come where?" He asked hesitantly following her through the vines and fallen branches.
"Do you like fun?" She turned quickly to face him and he took a step back in surprise.

"Fun?"

"Yeah," she replied slowly as if she might need to explain fun to this boy.

"Sure," he replied, Penny gave a nod of approval and marched on. When she reached a group of lost kids she introduced Henry as the newest unnamed lost boy and the group cheered and some of the boys came up to pat his back. Henry had never felt this welcomed before and by complete strangers no less.

"What game are we playing?" Penny asked as she pushed on Henry's back placing him in the middle of the group. Sera spoke in a soft Indian accent so Penny had to have her repeat the game twice.

It could have been two hours or two days later and Henry wouldn't have wanted the game to end. He didn't understand the rules or the purpose of the game but the girl was right, this was fun. When it was over the kids ran off in different directions Penny invited him to join them for some hunting and a feast but Henry knew his father would be ready to strangle him for leaving, so he rejected Penny's invitation. Penny's heart sank slightly, she liked making new friends and this weird, scared boy seemed like he could be a good addition to her group. She said goodbye and to Henrys dismay she ran off into the trees, hearing her laughter long after he lost sight of her.

"Where were you?" Hook demanded upon seeing Henry walk over the bridge and on to the ship. Henry kept his head down and ran for the kitchen not ready for Hook to take away the joy he felt in his heart.

"Who was that new kid?" Peter asked as he cooked up some food for everyone. "Is he one of ours?"

"No," Penny said cocking her head to the side, "I don't know who he is." Peter rose a brow in surprise but dropped his eyes back to his food. "You know who he is don't you?" Penny asked, her attitude radiating over her body as she put her hands on her hips.

"Maybe," Peter said as he removed the pot from the fire. He knew who the boy was and he knew that you don't mess with another man's kid, even if his father is a monster. "I think that it was nice of you to ask him to play."

"He was nice... but who is he?"
"You didn't bother to ask?"
"I didn't tell him my name and he didn't tell me his," she thought for a moment her brain thinking hard about how logical it seemed just hours ago.

"Well maybe he can come and play again sometime." Peter tried to hide a smirk as he called out for the tribes to eat. Penny wished to question her dad further but knew that once the rest of the kids arrived the conversation would be over completely.