Terrified ~ KiyoYachi

Kiyoko inhaled and stepped into the gym.  Instantly, she was bombarded by Tanaka and Nishinoya, who were immediately pried off of her by Sugawara and Daichi. They quickly apologized before being let go, returning back to practice. Kiyoko smiled and walked over to sit beside Kageyama, who was stretching. 

   "Hello Kageyama, is Hinata here?"

   "Oh. Hello Kiyoko-san. Yeah, he's changing," Kageyama responded.

   "Alright. He needs to be measured for another jersey. Send him over to me when he's done."

   "Mhm."

   Kiyoko began to walk over to Takeda, who was taking Asahi's measurements and smiled.

   "Hello."

   "Ah! Shimizu. Have you gotten Hinata?" Takeda asked.

   "Yes sir, he'll be over shortly."

   "Perfect! Alright Asahi, you're good."

   Asahi sped over to the court and Hinata ran over, almost knocking  Kiyoko over.

   "Woah there," Takeda laughed.

   "Sorry, sorry," Hinata said, sticking his arms out.

   "Is there anything else you need me to do?"

   "I think I'm good, I think Yachi may need help, though."

   Kiyoko nodded and jogged over to the blonde. Yachi turned to face her and her eyes lit up.  Kiyoko grabbed a volleyball on the floor and tossed it in the basket. 

    "Hi Hitoka," Kiyoko grinned.

   "Hey babe," Yachi whispered.

   Kiyoko's cheeks flared. 

   "What did we say about that?" Kiyoko said nervously.

   "I'm sorry, but it's okay! You don't need to be so nervous about the boys hearing you. I promise you, they won't do anything."

   "I'm terrified Chi," Kiyoko whispered.

   "We can do it together."

   "It's not that easy."

   "It's not, but I promise you, it will be okay."

   Kiyoko looked around. She didn't know why she was so scared, maybe it was because she didn't want to ruin her "perfect" image, or maybe she was just terrified that the team would be disappointed and disgusted. 

   She pushed her glasses up on her face and combed her hair behind her ear.  She looked over at Tsukishima and Sugawara, who were currently deep in discussion. She shuffled her feet and looked down. 

    "We should get to throwing volleyballs. Coach Ukai said that he wanted them to practice their sets today."

   Yachi nodded and grabbed a ball, Ukai calling for the boys to line up to serve. Yachi and Kiyoko took turns throwing the volleyballs up in the air for the boys to hit.  After they went through the line multiple times, Yachi and Kiyoko decided to try setting themselves, just for the fun of it.

   Sugawara offered to toss a volleyball for Kiyoko. He walked over to the opposing side of the net and tossed the ball in an arch for her to hit. Kiyoko hit it, surprising almost everyone with her accuracy. She smiled in success and turned to Yachi, who gave her a thumbs up.

   "How was that?" she asked Sugawara.

   Sugawara blinked at her.

   "Really impressive. Good job Shimizu," Suga laughed.

   "Thank you."

   Yachi shyly walked over to Sugawara, who was to toss a ball for her as well.  He tossed it up and Yachi missed the ball, however, the smiled and encouraged her to try again. She tried several times, failing at each attempt. On her sixth try, she managed to properly hit the ball, and make an acceptable set. The boys praised her, especially Hinata, who was bouncing around her. 

   Kiyoko decided to take the opportunity that was placed in front of her. She might not get a good chance again, and she felt safe enough to grasp the opportunity. If anyone was going to accept her, it was going to be her friends. She approached Yachi and kissed her, Yachi quickly accepting it.  Karasuno froze, shocked smiles appearing on some of their faces.  

   The two girls broke apart and Yachi immediately hugged the taller. 

   "I'm proud of you," Yachi whispered.

   Tears sprang to Kiyoko's eyes as she buried her face into Yachi's shoulder. After a few moments, the two felt more warmth engulf them, and Kiyoko looked up.

   Their small hug had turned into a big team hug. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.