Pet Names ~ BokuAka

Side Note: Time Skip

   Bokuto had an idea. He never used any sort of pet name, typically referring to Akaashi as, well, Akaashi or Keiji. He thought that it would be interesting to try one, simply for the reaction. He left his room and went to go find the younger.

   "AKAASHGKIEEEE-"

   "YES BOKUTO?"

   Bokuto followed his boyfriend's voice into the living room and leaned against the door frame. He gazed at Akaashi who was sitting cross-legged on the couch in Bokuto's sweatshirt and black sweatpants. The raven was buried in his work, eyes focused on the laptop in front of him.

   "Good morning love," Bokuto said, an innocent smile on his face.

   Akaashi froze for a moment, his hands hovering over the laptop's keyboard. Bokuto watched as the latter's face lit up, and the older smirked.

   "What, is there something wrong?" he asked sweetly.

   Akaashi turned to look at him, a mischievous yet red look on his face.

   "Nothing at all babe."

   Bokuto felt his face warm up and he playfully glared at the shorter.

   "Great, I'll see you later," he sassed. He had begun to walk away when he paused and yelled over his shoulder, "Hey, you're coming to practice with me later, right?"

   "Yeah, I can if you want me to," Akaashi responded.

   "Thank you, honey," he said with a smug smile.

   "Of course sweetie," the faint voice returned. Bokuto groaned.

   Bokuto left for the gym, questioning his choices. He had started something, and he knew he wouldn't be the one to finish it. Keiji would subtly fight it out and he wouldn't back down. That was how he was. Bokuto decided that this time, he wouldn't back out.

   Once Bokuto got home, he grabbed his car keys, grabbed his bag, and grabbed his boyfriend (not really, Akaashi complained about having to put on actual clothing).

   The two left the house and got into the car, driving to the training center. They rode in comfortable silence, Akaashi flipping through his phone. Bokuto placed his hand on Akaashi's thigh and squeezed it.

   "Ight, we're here princess," the older taunted. Akaashi let out a grown and shut off his phone, hauling himself out of the car. He dragged himself behind Bokuto, his glasses almost falling off his face.

   They walked directly onto the open court, which was currently occupied by Meian, Hinata, and Inunaki. The three males who were warming up turned to see who had entered the gym, Hinata immediately jumping up and bounding towards them.

   "Akaashi-san! Hello!"

   Akaashi smiled.

   "Hello, Hinata."

  "It's nice to see you!" he said excitedly before turning to Bokuto.

  "Hey," he sighed.

   Bokuto huffed at him.

   "Well, thanks for acknowledging my existence."

   "You're very welcome."

   Bokuto grabbed Akaashi's hand and they walked over to an open corner and the taller began to stretch. Akaashi tossed his bag on the bench and stood behind him.

   "Hey baby, can you help me?"

   "Sure thing Romeo," Keiji sneered.

   Akaashi pressed his hands against his boyfriend's back, helping him stretch his legs and back.

   "Ow, OW KEIJI-"

   "Heh, oops."

   Bokuto stood up and walked over to the rest of the group, and they began to play. Akaashi sat on the sidelines, eyes following his boyfriend. He smiled, Bokuto looked so happy while playing, and Akaashi lived for the bright smile on Bokuto's face. Every so often, the older would turn to Akaashi for validation, and the raven would give it to him. He would clap for him, cheer for him, praise him, just as Bokuto did for him whenever he finished a project.

   Bokuto sat down beside Akaashi, and Akaashi handed him a clean towel.

   "Here."

   "Hmm, thanks angel."

   Akaashi playfully rolled his eyes and leaned over to kiss him. Bokuto returned it before they broke apart and began to walk back to the court.

   "Go take a shower," Akaashi demanded.

   "Yeah, yeah- join m-"

   "NO."

   "Aw, you're no fun."

   "Good."

   Bokuto laughed and walked over to the bathrooms as Akaashi patiently waited. Once his boyfriend walked back out of the bathroom, they simply left and got back into the car, Bokuto's hair still wet.

   They promptly returned home and walked inside, exhausted. They prepared for bed and were struggling to keep their eyes open.

   "Hey, doll?" Akaashi said, wrapping his arms around the latter's neck.

   "Yes?"

   "Can we- use these names more often?" the raven asked in a meek voice.

   Bokuto simply hummed and tilted Akaashi's face up.

   "Sure thing my love," he said before kissing the other. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.