I'm Home ~ IwaOi

Side Note: Post timeskip, also the two are married however neither of them changed their surnames.  Some characters don't have Japanese names as they live in Argentina, not Japan.

Other option below

   "That's a bad idea honey.  I wouldn't do that if I were you."

   "But why not?"

   Iwaizumi sighed.

   "He wouldn't like it."

   "He wouldn't get mad."

   "Are you sure?"

   "Yeah, you're doing it."

   "True, but I still don't think he'll appreciate it." 

   "You're no fun."

   "I'm your father, am I supposed to be fun? Also, you're 12- you know better."

   "Well, what if we got-"

   "Don't bring Veronica into this."

   "Finneeee."

    Iwaizumi let out a small laugh and rolled his eyes. 

   "Dad will be home tomorrow morning before you all wake up. Staying up to greet him wouldn't make him happy," he argued. 

   "But we haven't seen him in three whole weeks!" a new voice shouted. 

   Iwaizumi smiled and went to pick up his daughter.  Sebastian sighed and discontinued his argument. 

   "What are you doing out of bed?"

   "I wanted to see daddy when he got here."

   "What? He won't be here till really late," Iwaizumi replied. 

   "But-"

   "You can see him tomorrow morning, love."

   Veronica pouted.  

   "He'll be even happier to see all of you well-rested and awake."

   "Hmph."

   "Hey, where's Hugo?"

   Sebastian and Veronica shrugged. 

   "Well, let's get you to bed Veronica, and we'll find Hugo in a moment."

   Veronica smiled and nodded her head.

   "Come on, down you go. You're too big to carry up the stairs."

   Veronica jumped down and bounded up the stairs, Iwaizumi quickly following her. The two entered the girl's room, Sebastian leaving them to get ready for bed.

   "Hey wait, before you lay down, let me braid your hair. You don't want knots in your hair when you wake up."

   Iwaizumi grabbed a brush and hair tie and went to sit on his daughter's bed.  He held the hair tie in between his teeth as he brushed the 6-year-old's hair out.  He separated her hair into chunks and began to weave them together.

   "Do you think daddy will be happy to see us tomorrow?" she asked.

   "Well, of course, he loves you three with all of his heart, and he misses you so much. Why wouldn't he be happy?" Iwaizumi replied, removing the tie from his mouth.