Chapter 8.-Share the pain.

Welcome my readers, to yet another chapter of my story. Last time, Sayuri has revealed her Shikai, and is about to let loose on the hollows. But how did she aquire it in the first place? Read to find out. As always, BLAH comments BLAH I don't own anything BLAH. Enjoy😊.

...

Flashback

Returning to the Seireitei
I open my eyes and find myself standing in the same garden like last time. The fountain is still overfilled, the water is still spilling out, making it sink, and the roses are as dry as a desert. Only one thing is different, however.

I am not wet.

Granted, it is still pouring like crazy, but my body and clothes are dry, despite the heavy raining. In fact, I can almost make out what looks like a bubble around my body, the droplets hitting it and completely avoiding me.
And just like last time, I can hear a female voice crying. The sobs continue as I approach the rose bush the sound is coming from.

'Huh? The bush...it looks trimmed?' I ask in my head, confused. Last time, the bush was big, green, wet, and the roses were dry. This time, the bush is a bit smaller, and a few places have missing leaves, revealing the thorny, branching stem underneath. The roses are still dry, however.

"Hello? Can you hear me there? Do you need help?!" I call out, the sobbing continues. "Oi! Don't ignore me! I asked if you need he-GUH!" I gasp in pain as a thorny branch impales itself through my back and is now sticking out of my chest. Before I can even register what is happening, the branch lifts me into the air and throws me over the leafy hedge and face-first into a tree, which knocks me out. I then wake up in the cart that was supposed to lead us to the Seireitei, with Kiyone and Ukitake standing over me.

After the first training session with Ukitake
My eyes flutter open as my vision clears. I notice my breathing is normal now, since I am no longer suffocating and wheezing. I look around, finding myself in the same garden like the last two times. Only a lot of things are different than last time.
For one, the fountain is no longer sinking and the water inside it is no longer spilling out. It is still overfilled however. The flowerbed seems bigger as well, now slowly taking the shape of a heart, with more different colours of flowers around the edges, and the roses in the middle are as dry as ever.

The weather has also improved. The rain is no longer huge, now reduced to only small droplets falling one by one. The bush however, is what changed the most.

The bush is now much smaller, and a lot of leaves are missing, exposing the branches underneath. However, something catches my eye. I squint my eyes, and realise I can see something through the branches. Something white is moving behind the bush, easily spotted through the gaps between the branches. The sobbing also seems to be louder, clearer.

I rush over towards the bush but freeze up, expecting something to attack me. I wait for a few seconds, but nothing happens. Taking that as a sign of permission, I walk around the bush, and peek from the side.
Before me is a female human, dressed in what looks to be a torn wedding dress, with a veil decorated with dry roses covering her head. She is wearing no shoes, and her slender legs are dirty with mud and...'Is that dried blood I see around her ankles?'

True enough, two thorny rings are wrapped around her ankles, the thorns digging onto her flesh and blood, which is dry, dripping down her feet. The same rings can be spotted on her head and wrists, her own veil drenched in blood, along with her arms, which she is using to hug her knees closer to her.