Chapter 9-The aftermath

Welcome all, to to chapter 9! Last time, we witnessed the true, terrifying powers of Sayuri's zanpakuto, as well as how she got to control the spirit inside it. Here, we will be looking at the aftermath of the bloody field trip, as a certain shmexy butterfly boi finally makes an official appearance in my story!!! Anyway, ya know the drill, BLAH comments BLAH I don't own anything BLAH. Enjoy😊.

...

As I walked through the streets, heading towards Renji, Momo, Izuru and Shuhei, I began thinking.

'I believe someone was supposed to show up here and help out. I don't remember exactly who, but something tells me I missed something very important.'
...

'Nah. Likely my imagination.'
I smile, amused by my own thoughts as I head towards the last location I can sense the trio's reiatsu from. Along the way I get stopped by a couple of remaining hollows, who get slaughtered in an instant with me using my Shikai...which I forgot to turn off...whoops.

I focus my spiritual pressure and reach out towards my zanpakuto spirit. Once I can feel her inside the weapon, I speak with her using telepathy.

'Hey, can you hear me?'
'Yeah, I can. Is everything alright? Did you kill the hollows?' She asks, sounding like a worried mom.
'Yes, I did. Thanks to you. Thanks for the power.'
'Don't mention it. I only did what I am supposed to do. No need to be thanking me.'
'I give credit where credit is due. Without you, I doubt I would have won.'
'...' My spirit goes deathly silent, and after a few seconds, I began to worry. 'Hello? Are you still there? Is everything OK?' I call out in slight worry.
'Y-yeah! Just...remembering something. Anyway, why did you call me. I doubt it was only to thank me.'
'You're right. I need you to turn off my Shikai. I don't want my friends to see it.'
'Why not?'
'Because...I have my reasons. Just turn it off. Please.'
'I don't think I should.'
'Why? Is something wro-?' I get interrupted as my Shikai dissappears...and my whole world turns to hell.
I gasp as a massive amount of pain shoots through my body, as if a million needles pierced every nerve in my body thirty times in a row, with each pierce being more painful than the last. The sudden shock my brain recieves shuts it down for a while. The last thing I remember is someone walking towards me, and then blackness.

2 days later

Pain. So much pain.

That is all I can feel right now. I can't think since thinking alone hurts my brain. I can't open my eyes since they feel like they weigh 7 tons for each eyelash. I manage to let out a groan, but even that hurts my lungs and throat. Suddenly a warm sensation falls over me, and the pain begins to subside, slowly dissappearing. Even then, it took me nearly all of my strength to just open my eyes slightly. In the end, I managed to open my left eye, and my vision was blurry. I could hear a voice however. A female one, and a gentle one at that. My vision slowly cleared, and I finally got a good look at the mysterious woman.

She was a middle-aged woman with black hair tied in a single braid that went down her chest. Her face was gentle and beautiful. She wore what I assumed was a captain's haori over a standard black shinigami shikakusho.

I was face to face with Retsu Unohana, captain of squad 4 and the leading medical expert of the Soul Society.

'Huh. She is so much prettier in person.' I think to myself. I move my eye and see a green glow in her hands, likely a healing spell. She realises I am looking at her and smiles a precious must-protect smile. She opens her mouth and speaks, though I can't hear anything.

I muster out another groan as I try to move, but hiss in pain just by the twich of my finger. Unohana seems to realise what I'm doing and calls over her lieutenant, Isane, and they use healing kidõ on me in unison, slowly but surely removing my pain. My hearing clears up and I can hear Unohana ask me "Are you feeling better, dear?" I nod and attempt to sit up, but Unohana pushes me down and says I need to rest.