Chapter 4.-Enter, Jushiro Ukitake!

Welcome everyone, to yet another chapter of my story. In the last chapter, Sayuri has finally witnessed the true horror the hollows can actually bring, and it has thrown her into a bloodlust never before seen. However, in today's chapter, a new, more experienced player enters the battlefield. How will the battle unfold now? Read to find out. Leave a comment or two, I'd greatly appreciate it. I own nothing sans Sayuri. Bleach is the property of Tite Kubo. With that out of the way, enjoy😊.

...

The sun has slowly begun rising over the horizon, showering the entirety of the Soul Society in it's warm rays. While in a certain district a certain young woman is complaining her tounge out, in another, more wealthy part of the Soul Society, things are a little different.

This is the Seireitei. A part of the Soul Society separated from the poor living conditions in the Rukongai. This is the place where the most esteemed people in the Soul Society live. The Four Great Noble Clans, those being, the Kuchiki, the Shihoin, the Tsunayashiro clan, and of course, the Shiba clan. Alongside them are the Central 46, the main political force in the Soul Society, whose job is to act on the behalf of the Soul King and the royal family themselves. However, today, we are not here for either of those two. For you see, the Seireitei is also home to a third faction. One that is known to be comprised of some of the most powerful beings in the three worlds. Lead by the mighty, wise and prideful Head-captain Shigekuni Genryusai Yamamoto, these thirteen men and women, alongside their subordinates, serve as the main force of law and order, their job being to exact the decisions of the central 46, and make sure that no harm befalls the residents of the Soul Society. These are the Gotei 13.

Today's chapter follows one particular member of the Gotei. While some captains are harsh, strict and unforgiving, others are gentle, kind and fun loving. Case in point, the protagonist of this chapter. In the 13th division barracks, a lone man is kneeling on a pillow in his office, having just helped himself with a fresh, warm cup of coffee. The man has long, smooth, snow-white hair reaching past his shoulders yet just above the middle of his back. His face is a pale, pearly white, with eyebrows pitch black, completely contrasting his pale complexion. He wears a white, clean haori over a standard black shinigami shikakusho, the kanji for 13 sewn onto the back of the haori, surrounded by a diamond like shape. Finally, completing the look is a pair of slender katanas strapped to the man's side by a white sash. This man is known as Jushiro Ukitake, the captain of division 13 of the Gotei 13, a gentle, kind man beloved by many, squad member, captain or civilian alike. Having made himself some coffee after getting up early and acquiring the medicine for his lungs from Captain Unohana, Jushiro decided to enjoy the sunrise before heading off to preform his duties as a captain.

He takes a sip of his coffee, which is still hot, and frowns. "Hmm, a little bitter." He says, adding one spoonful of sugar into the mix and taking another sip. "Much better." He smiles, the coffee tasting much better.

The sun has already risen, the pale captain deciding to take a stroll around the barracks, being greeted by his squad members and returning the greetings with a gentle smile.

As he is strolling through the 13th division gardens, however, his peace is suddenly interrupted by a pair of voices.

Jushiro raises his brow and looks around, having no idea where the voices are coming from. He notices the voices are getting louder by the second, and after a few moments he shakes his head with a sigh, having recognised the two bickering voices.

The first voice belongs to a short female with blond short hair, dressed in a standard shikakusho. This woman is Kiyone Kotetsu, Jushiro's first lieutenant.

The second voice belongs to a man who, just like Kiyone, is dressed in a shikakusho. His hair has three spikes sticking out, two on the left and right sides respectively, and one in the very middle, a white headband around his forehead. This is Sentaro Kotsubaki, Jushiro's second lieutenant.