Chapter 2.-Life in the Rukongai

Hi! Welcome back my lovely readers! Welcome to the second chapter of my story. In the last chapter, we were introduced to the protagonist of this tale, a young girl named Sayuri Uzume. Sayuri's life has suddenly went downhill after a surprise visit from our beloved Truck-kun transports her into the world of Bleach. This chapter follows her life after the surprising revelation. I hope you like it, and as always, leave a comment or two. Also, I own nothing in this story sans Sayuri. Bleach is the property of Tite Kubo. With that out of the way, enjoy😊.

Also, I wanna warn you how this chapter is rather long, so fair warning.
...

"Oi, Sayuri! Could ya come over here and help me with these huge bags of flour?! I can't lift these by myself!"

"Sure thing, Juzo-jii! Just lemme drop this one in the cart real quick!"

"Aight, well hurry up and help me over here!"

"Coming, coming!" I yell out to Juzo, quickly running over to the cart and dropping the bag of flour in my arms into it, wiping the sweat off my forehead with my arm and quickly running over to help the old man.

I enter the small storage building and see Juzo struggling to lift a huge bag of flour half as big as him. I run over to him and grab the other end of the bag, nearly getting floored by how heavy it is.

*gasp* "This is heavy! How strong are you if you can even manage to lift one half of this thing?!" I ask in bewilderment.

"Heh. With how much I've been liftin' these with my pops when I was yer age, I've gotten strong enough to lift 'em no problem. But I guess age is finally catchin' up to me, if I have to call a pipsqueak like you ta help me."

"See if-*ngh*-I ever help-*agh*-you out again with those insults."

Me and Juzo continue our friendly back-and-forth, all the while carrying the huge bags one by one into the cart. By the time we're done, my arms feel like they are about to turn to jelly.

I manage to muster up the strength to get up, and see Juzo already climbing onto the cart, about to leave.

"Do you really have to leave the town? There are bandits and all sorts of scum out there. What if you get attacked?"

The old man chuckles and says "Don't worry 'bout me kiddo. Just make sure ya keep the house safe. 'Sides, I've been doing this job for ages, so ya don't have to worry 'bout little ol' me."

I sigh and see him off as he leaves the town, going to sell flour in another town several miles away from here.

Hi! I'm Sayuri Uzume. You're probably asking how did I manage to adapt so quickly to this new lifestyle. Lemme tell ya, it was not easy. Like, at all.

Flashback

For the last few hours, I've been sitting in this cart, surrounded by several bags of flour, contemplating my situation. After the old man introduced himself, and told me where I am, my mind temporarily shut down. The man, now named Juzo, snapped me out of my stupor and asked if I was ok. I quickly told him not to worry and asked if he could show me the way to the nearest town. He told me how he was just heading towards his home town when I stopped him and offered me to tag along. I accepted, and here we are.
My thoughts were running wild. I had just been transported to the Rukongai, also known as the Soul Society. A fictional place from a fictional world with fictional characters. There were several things wrong here. At first I thought I had been drugged or something, since there was no way I was actually in the Soul FREAKING Society. In the anime known as Bleach (which by the way is one of my favourite series of all time). But then, I recollected my thoughts and I remembered the truck. Then it hit me. It hit me like a brick. No, it hit me like a potato bag stuffed to the brim with bricks had been slammed into my skull at lightspeed.