Insatiable - 1

Scott and I entered his room, where Melissa was checking out Stiles. Stiles looked up at me.

He didn't seem like Void. But, then again, it was no secret that Void was a pretty good actor. He could just be pretending. 

"Is she here?" Stiles asked us. Scott nodded, and I frowned. I didn’t like this for one second. On one hand, we could find out if Void really wasn’t in him anymore.

And on the other hand, it could kill him. And I wasn’t particularly happy to see more death. Even if the death I saw about 30 minutes ago happened 10 years ago. I’m still partially traumatized. 

“Why are you doing this?” I asked Stiles, crossing my arms over my chest. “It could kill you." Kira’s mom was downstairs.

The others had long gone, Deaton was called to the school where apparently the twins and Isaac were infected with flies from Void, making them act out. Chances are my family is just as infected so Peter went to go find them. It was dark out, the perfect hunting ground for the Oni.

"We have to do this," Stiles replied firmly. He didn’t wait for us to agree with him as he began to stand. Scott and I had no choice but to help him down stairs as he was too weak to do so by himself. 

Waiting there was Mrs. Yukimura. She had her hands in her pockets, her face completely empty of emotion. Why wasn’t she showing any emotion? Stiles could die here. He could be killed by the Oni and it’s like she doesn’t even care.

"Do you recognize me?" she asked Stiles. I grabbed his hand tightly in mine before he could even think about taking a step to her.

I didn’t like this. I don’t want him to die. Not before- Stiles squeezed my hand lightly to assure he’d be alright. He left my grasp and walked towards Mrs. Yukamuira.

I take Scott’s arm, holding him tight because if I don’t hold something, someone right now I’m going to lose it. 

At least till Kira barges in, demanding her mom stop. “It's okay.” Stiles told her. “I'm the one who asked her to come.” 

"You're the one who's going to get stabbed with swords," Kira corrected. "Mom, don't do this to him." 

"It's already done," she replied. Two Oni materialized behind Stiles.

"Wait, no, I-!" I started, but one Oni grabbed the side of Stiles' head, forcing him to look into its firefly eyes. I shudder. God I hate those eyes. 

The Oni let go of him. Stiles dropped to the ground with a groan, seizing lightly, and we all ran to his side. 

"Look behind his ear," Mrs. Yukimura instructed. Scott folded his ear over, and right there on the skin was a small little 5. Just like the ones we had.

"It worked," I breathed out in relief, sitting against the ground. Stiles started to stand, trying not to shake so much, but gave up and settled on his hands and knees. 

"So I'm actually me?" Stiles said relieved. 

"More you than the Nogitsune."

"Can the Oni find him?"

"Tomorrow night.” She told us. “It's too close to dawn now." 

"Can they kill him?" I asked. I want him out of our lives. I want him dead. He made me relive that horrible chapter in my family’s life. He took Lydia, infected our friends, killed people.

The sooner he is gone the sooner this is all over. 

"It depends on how strong he is." 
"What about Lydia?” Scott asked. “Why would he take her?” It's what we've been wondering about for a while. 

"He would only take her for an advantage," Mrs. Yukimura replied. "You mean her power?" Scott breathed like he couldn't believe it. She nodded. 

"The power of a Banshee." 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

We walked in quietly as Stilinski picked up his jacket to go home. It was time for Stiles and his dad to reunite. This has all been hard on Stilinski, and despite the late hour we all knew he was going to be at the station.

We ran into Parrish and my aunt, but we told them to just let us walk in. Stilinski grumbled about needing to find his keys. 

"In your coffee cup. You always drop them in your empty cup," Stiles answered. 

Stilinski paused when he heard Scott’s voice and looked back to find us. To find Stiles. Stilinski looked at Scott and I, waiting for some confirmation that it really was his son.

We both nodded. He immediately dropped his jacket and ran forward to embrace his son, and I released Stiles' hand so he could hug him back. "Hey, Dad." 

I walked over to Stilinski's desk to look inside the cup. Sure enough, his keys were there. "Is it over?" Stilinski asked us.

I sighed, grabbed his keys, then turned around to look at him. Void took Lydia and her car was gone. God I hope she’s alright. "No. Not yet.” 

We told Stilinski and my aunt what had happened with Void and Lydia. About her car and such. 

“We got an APB out on Lydia's car–“ Nancy tells us when she and Stilinski return to the office. “Every unit on the road is looking for her.” 

“Isn't there anything else that we could do?” I asked as I anxiously played with my necklace. Lydia is my best friend. And she’s god knows where doing god knows what because of him.

Maybe I should have offered to give Lydia some self defense classes, because knowing our lives- but she was smart. I’m sure she can figure out where she is and maybe send us a message. I hope so. But that kind of stuff only happens in the movies.

“At this hour?" Stilinski questioned since it was pretty much 4 in the morning. "No, not really.”

"He took her for a reason, Dad.” Stiles points out. “Look, if we can figure out the "why," then we'll figure out the "where."

“Okay,” Nancy crossed her arms. “What would a Nogitsune need with a Banshee?” 

“I don't know, Lydia's pretty good at finding dead bodies.” Stiles reminds us. “Maybe he needs to find a body?”

I shake my head. I doubted that was the reason. There has to be something. Like he said, she's there for a reason. 

“Scott, you know more about this than all of us–“ I realized as I turned to Scott.

:Me?” 

Stilinski nods. “You said you heard the whole story from Noshiko?” 

“Yeah, but that happened during World War II, like seventy years ago.” 

Stiles frowns. “Wait-- what did you say?” 

“Noshiko told me about the internment camp–“ 

“No, before that." Stiles said. "You said "the whole story..."

Scott nods. “Yeah." Stiles had this look on his face as if he was recalling something important. "What is it?” 

"There's a girl in Eichen House. Her name is Meredith. I think she might be able to help." Stiles stared at his dad, hoping he would believe him.

Stilinski called in Parrish and ordered him to get Eichen House on the phone and find information on a Meredith Walker. 

Not long later we got something.

"Sheriff, Meredith Walker," Parrish said as he approached the office. “She still there?” 

“Yeah but they moved her to the closed unit.” 

“Why?” Stiles asked. “They said behavioral issues.” 

“What issues?” 

“She wouldn’t stop screaming.”