Illuminated - 2

I closed my locker, the first thing I see are the twins. Ethan was smiling, and weirdly enough so was Aiden. “Oh no.”

I was weirdly enough getting flashbacks of a similar moment and what it led to. Thank god that’ll never happen with these two, but still. I swiftly turned away from them and proceeded to speed walk down the hall. 

“You didn’t even hear what we had to say!” Aiden shouted, and then I heard their footsteps behind me. “Isabelle!” Ethan calls. 

I kept avoiding them, however they just kept following me. I walked nearly all the way over to the other side of the school building and they were still after me. I sighed and stopped in the hall, hanging my head. They weren’t going to stop following me any time soon. I finally turn to them, crossing my arms over my chest. 

“What?” 

Ethan straightened up, like if he was about to ask me some million dollar question. “You’re friends with Danny.” He said it like it was a question. I nodded slowly, not at all sure where this was going. “Yes Danny is my friend.” 

The only damn person in this entire school that didn’t practically shun me after the whole ‘My cousin killed the janitor and almost killed 5 students thing.'

“Well then you know about his party.” I nodded again, yes I did. His black light party for Halloween. I helped him come up with the idea during Lacrosse practice. I suddenly realized that for a black light party you need a black light. But the entire town is on a blackout.

“The party was canceled.” 

Ethan nods, “Yes but-“ Aiden took over the explanation. “I figured since you own the apartment building you’d hook him.”

Huh. So, this is actually a favor for someone else. 

“Technically Derek owns the building.” I didn’t own it. Aiden shrugs. I stare at them both, I look at Aiden all smugly.

“Who knew underneath all that werewolf muscle there is actually a heart?" 

Aiden rolled his eyes, “The reason you’re coming to me is because of Danny right?” I questioned him, Ethan I had no doubt was doing this for him, Aiden- meh. “Half the reason.” Aiden admits.

“The other half wouldn’t be because of some certain redhead?” Lydia told me she was going to end things with him. Clearly he doesn’t want that, and he’s actually helping someone in the process.

I didn’t let him answer, this was for Danny, and apparently a little bit for Lydia. That was fine by me. I did owe Danny anyway. 

“Get Danny and meet me at Derek's loft after school.” I instructed them. “We’re throwing a Halloween party.” 

Ethan breaks into a smile and actually hugs me. It caught me a little off guard, but it was kind of nice. "And just to be clear," I said. Because if I didn't clarify it then there is a possibility they might think it's a normal thing to ask me for favors. "This is for Danny." 

They both nodded. "Yeah for Danny," Great. Glad that's settled. 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

After school I stopped by Derek's loft before the twins brought Danny. I managed to get Peter to leave. He didn't care at all about me using the loft as the location for Danny's party. Just that he was not at all in the know if Derek or my parents were to find out.

I put away any werewolf thing Derek might have left out as well, locking them all up on the second floor.

"Well," I asked Danny after I gave him the tour of the place. It didn’t take long, I already told him that he could only use the first floor. The second floor was completely off limits, only accessible by me.

Because it was up there was a bunch of werewolf antiquey related stuff I had to shove in there. I needed Peter's help to unscrew Derek's bed and shove it upstairs as well. He also made me put away the expensive furniture, like the Italian made table mom bought him, and the expensive alcohol. I should probably buy something to lock the place from the crowd.

"What do you think?"

"What did you say about the guy who lives here?” Danny asked Aiden and me. I smirked, “He’s out of town.” I pat Danny, sensing he was a little worried about using the place.

“Don’t worry. He’s a family friend, he might kill me for this but- who cares.”

Let’s just hope that Derek doesn’t get here before the party even starts. Or else he might freaking sell me out to my parents and get me grounded for it.

“And the good thing is that he owns the building, so the tennents can’t complain.” Danny nods, seeing how that helped us out with the party. “And we have our own generator.” Outside on the balcony, Ethan is pulling the plug on the generator which roars to life and the lights turn on.

Danny smirked, impressed by the loft.  “Oh, yeah.” I smiled. Oh Derek can never know about this.