Lunar Eclipse - 2

My dad drove Ethan, Lydia and I back to the loft so we could tell the rest of the family. I didn't know why Ethan was going against his pack, especially when he told us he had to be loyal to Deucalion. 

“We know about the lunar eclipse,” Ethan told Derek. “Don't think Kali's gonna sit around waiting for it to level the playing field." I grumble and cross my arms, so even the fact that she would lose her power is enough to stop her from coming to collect.

If she and Aiden could actually come at the time of the eclipse it would be so easy to subdue them.

"She's coming, and my brother's coming with her.” 

Peter nods at the information. “Good enough for me." He looked at Derek. "Derek?” 

Derek scoffed. “You want me to run?” 

“No, I want you to stay and get slaughtered by an Alpha with a psychotic foot fetish.” Peter sassed. “Of course I want you to run, sprint, gallop, leap your way the hell out of this town!” 

Cora nodded in agreement with Peter. “If you want to fight and die for something, that's fine with me. But do it for something meaningful.” 

I gave Cora a look. “How do you know he's gonna lose?” 

Dad shook his head. “We don't.” Which seems like horrible odds now considering that Derek is no longer an Alpha thanks to me. 

Peter looked at Lydia, who was silent the entire time. "But, I'll bet she has an idea." We all turned to look at her. "Don't you, Lydia?” 

 “I don't know anything.” She replied nervously. “But you feel something,” I said. “Don't you?" I've felt the way Lydia feels when she gets one of her weird feelings, anxious. I can feel it now. 

“What do you feel?” Derek asked her. “I feel like…” she drew the words out. “I'm standing in a graveyard.”  

I looked down at my feet. Shit. 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Derek and Cora were running away. They decided to run before Kali and Aiden got here. I would have preferred for them to stay, but maybe it would be better that they run away. They would be safe, I cannot lose them now. Dad wanted me to go with them, but like hell I was.

I paced back and forth in the loft, Kali and Aiden were due any second now. And I had to admit, an alpha, two betas and what I guess Lydia is, a banshee, are not exactly the best odds. I perked my head up when the alarm system started to blare. “They’re here.”

The loft door swung open and there stood Kali and Aiden with their red glowing eyes. Kali smashed the alarm system. “Where is he?” She was furious. I stood with my dad, Ethan and Lydia. 

Lydia and I exchanged dumbfounded glances and looked back at her. “I think he said he was heading out to do some shopping,” Lydia lied. “Run a few errands, the usual-” 

I clear my throat. “Werewolf afternoon.” I am more than sure she can hear the sound beat of our hearts and tell we were lying. 

“Who do you think you're talking to?” Kali asked snidely. Lydia glanced at Kali's feet, her bare feet with claws. “Someone in desperate need of a pedicure. I'd be happy to give you a referral.” She sassed. 

I almost laughed. Aiden growled when Kali took a step forward. She looked at him. “Grrrr...oh, really?”

Kali circled Aiden. “Did someone take their assignment too seriously?” 

Aiden growled again. “She's not the problem.” He actually had the galls to look in my direction, in my direction and my dads. Son of a- “Maybe the problem is where your loyalties lie.” 

Lydia inched closer to me. “Oh God...is this about to get really violent?” 

My dad, Ethan and I nodded. “Probably.” Without a doubt really. All of a sudden a figure bursts from the loft's glass ceiling. Lydia screamed and Ethan and my dad pushed us back. Normally I would hurt them and say I didn’t need his protection but the person who jumped through the roof was Jennifer. I will gladly take the alpha's protection, especially after what she did to me. 

Jennifer stood and looked at all of us. “So... Who wants to go first?” 

Kali began to fight Jennifer, but she dodged her attempts and somehow knocked her unconscious. My dad went next, angry as hell. They fought and in less then a second with whatever weird power she had, she knocked him unconscious. “Dad!” 

Ethan let us go and he and his brother tried to morph but she stopped them midway. I point to the stairwell. “Go!” I usher Lydia. 

“That's right, Kali.” Jennifer said. “Look at me. Look at my face.” I’d rather not. Jennifer was Kali's emissary. 

“Do you know what it takes to be able to look like this? To be able to look normal?” 

“I don't care.” 

She ignored her. “It takes power. Power like this.” She lifted her hands, and somehow the glass shards from the room began to levitate. Great gusts of wind began to enter the room. 

“I SHOULD'VE RIPPED YOUR HEAD OFF!” Kali yelled at Jennifer, she rushed at her and Jennifer screamed as she sent the shard flying into her. I gasped as they impaled her, she dropped to the ground as stiff as a board. She was dead. 

I looked to see the twins forming. My dad awoke and he and I went to stand by them, we roared at her. I tried to claw at German but she just swatted me and my dad away like we were nothing. We watched as she snapped the twins' necks with ease. "What's the line Coach likes to say? The bigger they are...?"

Jennifer began to walk to Lydia, and Lydia backed away in fear. 

I grunt, standing up and putting myself in front of Lydia. “Stay back!” I warned her, making my eyes glow to show I was serious. 

“What do you want from me?” Lydia asked terrified as we were backed up against the wall.I want you to do what you do best, Lydia," Jennifer said. "I want you to scream.” 

Oh god. Please no. Jennifer showed us her face, her true face. I honestly screamed as well because only shit that shit was scary but my scream was drowned out by Lydia's scream. I dropped to the ground and clutched my ears, being in her path was not fun.

I groan, removing my hands from my ears, seeing the blood. Dammit. I wring them out, my hearing coming back. Jennifer crouches in front of me, almost grinning. “So lovely to see you up and at them Isabelle.” I growled at her, “You know I wasn’t sure which Hale to drug, glad I chose right.” 

I slap her hand away. Bitch.