Chaos Rising - 4

"She's not dead." Derek exclaimed, refusing to believe in what Isaac had seen and said. I didn't want to believe it either, but they were his memories. Stiles sighed. "Derek, he said 'There's a dead body. It's Erica.' Doesn't exactly leave us room for interpretation."

I looked at him, leaning forward in my seat at the metal table with thought. Deaton checked my arm out just in case. My jacket was beyond saving. "Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else, obviously." I frown, staring down at the ground with all of these jumbled thoughts swarming my mind. But who? Why? I've lived in Beacon Hills long enough to know almost everyone in the town, if there were more werewolves living in Beacon Hills I would know about it. So who the hell is the other girl? 

"Maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle, okay?" Scott suggested, he looked at Isaac. "The one who saved you?" Isaac shook his head.

"No, she wasn't like us...and whoever was in the vault with Boyd was." So what if it's Heather? No that doesn't make sense, Heather was taken after Isaac found them, so who in the hell is the werewolf girl?

"What if that's how Erica died?" Stiles questioned. "They, like, pit them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives?" Stiles suggested. "It's like a Werewolf Thunderdome." I doubt it but alphas, especially a pack of them. I imagine it's what they do for fun. 

"Then we get them out tonight." Derek said determined. Normally I'd agree but not on this. They could kill us. This isn't a kanima or uncle Peter, this is a pack of alphas. 

"Be smart about this, Derek." Deaton spoke up. "You can't just go storming in." I nodded, agreeing with Deaton. "If Isaac got in, then so can we."

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?" He had a point. I sighed, gripping the edge of the seat and looked at my cousin. "If we're going to do this we need a plan."

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than twenty-four hours?"

"Uh, I think someone already did." Stiles read out loud from his phone. "'Beacon Hills First National Bank closes its doors three months after vault robbery.' Doesn't say here how it was robbed, but it probably won't take long to find out."

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek, okay?" Derek gave Stiles a look. Stiles grinned. "Minutes."

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Boys!" I screeched at Stilinski's voice and rolled off the bed, landing on the paper covered ground. Ow. My left cheek was covered in drool from my sleep which stuck a few papers and my own hair on my face. "Gah." I removed the paper and hair gagging. God when did we pass out? After getting the information about the bank from Isaac, the boys and I went back to Stiles house to research. The floor was riddled in papers, I guess at some point last night we all fell asleep.

"I gotta get to work." Stilinski told us. "You three? Get to school."

I nod giving him a thumbs up as I remained on the floor and closed my eyes again. I never want to get up. "Dad!" Stiles called his dad. "Heather?"

"No." Stilinski said grimly. "Nothing yet."

When his dad left Stiles sighed. "Ten hours and nothing."

"We're gonna find something." Scott assured. I groaned as I sat up. "Finding something doesn't make Erica any less dead, or Boyd any less about-to-be-dead."

"Well, we still have time."

"Is this whole, like, 'remain optimistic in the face of complete and utter disaster'-thing a part of the Be A Better Scott McCall Program?" Stiles questioned.