they/them

An: A very short one, but it's cute and the team is so supportive.

Third Person POV:

Spencer walked into the bullpen ready to start another day at work. As soon as he sat down Derek was approaching his desk, a mischievous smile on his face.

"What do you need?" Spencer asked.

"Well, I want to set you up on a date. I have a friend and she said she would be fine if I set her up on a blind date." Morgan said.

"No thanks Morgan." Spencer said.

"What? Why not? When was the last time you dated someone?" He asked.

"Right now." Spencer said.

"You're dating someone right now?" Derek asked.

"I am." Spencer answered.

He never told his team about you but no better time than the present.

"Can we meet her?" Derek asked.

"You can meet them." Spencer said, emphasizing the word them.

"Them? Oh god, are you in a polyrama?" Derek asked.

"What? No, but they go by they/them, not she/her." Spencer explained.

"Oh, then I can't wait to meet them." Derek said.

"I will talk to them tonight and see what they want to do." Spencer said.

At that time Garcia walked in, joining Morgan at Spencer desk.

"Are you all gossiping without me?" She gasped.

"No, we were just talking about Spencer's relationship." Derek said.

"Do we get to meet her soon?" She asked.

"Of course you will get to meet them. As long as that is what they want. Also, it's not she/her, its they/them." Spencer said.

"Oh, sorry I didn't know." Garcia said.

"It's ok, I know you didn't know." Spencer said.

By the end of the day Spencer had informed everyone about you and your pronouns. The whole team was happy Spencer was happy and they were ready to meet you. Spencer had told them that he would talk to you. He knew that you would want to meet them so he wasn't worried.

When he got home and told you that his team wanted to meet you, you jumped on the opportunity. The team planned a dinner at Rossi's that friday. Friday arrived faster than you thought. You had gotten ready and Spencer was driving you all to Rossi's.

Once you arrived Spencer helped you out of the car. He walked up to the door with you and knocked. You were nervous, you didn't know how this was going to go. When the door opened to reveal a man you assumed to be David Rossi you put on the best smile possibly. You didn't want them to know you were nervous.

He pulled you into a hug. You hugged him back, looking around at the room you could see. He pulled away and smiled at you.

"It's lovely to meet you. Spencer only told us about you early this week. I can't believe he has deprived the team of this moment for so long." Rossi said.

"It's great to meet you too." You said.

He welcomed you in, giving Spencer a hug as he walked into the house. Once everyone introduced themselves the night went great. They all respected your pronouns, using them when talking about you or to you.

It made you feel great. To see that Spencer's team, the people he thinks of as family respects you. It was one of the best feelings ever. Once dinner was over you and Spencer left. Spencer could tell how happy you were and he knew he would forever be grateful for how his team treated you.

When you and Spencer got home you both changed and laid down. You cuddled up to him, resting your head on his chest.

"I love you." You whispered.

"I love you too."