☾.˚˖⁺✦[The Boy Next Door]✦˙⊹˚☽

Start from the beginning

"Yes?" He didn't answer. "Are you just going to stand there or are you going to say something?"

"Oh, uh yeah, s-sorry. I just wanted to apologize for this morning. I didn't mean to look. I was getting ready for school and looked out my window and you were there, I didn't see anything. I mean you put your shirt on pretty quickly. So, I-I just wanted to say sorry. Oh, and my name is Liam Dunbar. Yeah, a-anyway, bye." He spoke quickly in a nervous manner as he rambled out his apology, causing him to stutter and slip over some words. Alina couldn't help but chuckle at how nervous he was and the chuckle didn't go unnoticed by the boy, Liam. "What?" He asked timidly, afraid he just made a fool of himself.

"Sorry, it was just how quickly you spoke that I had no clue what you said," Alina said honestly. Liam's reddened cheeks became even more redder if that is even possible.

"I-" He took a deep breath, "I apologized for this morning."

"Oh, that's okay." Alina smiles.

"I'm Liam Dunbar," he reintroduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you, Liam. I'm Alina Thomason." Liam smiles cheekily at the girl.

"So... you moved in with the O'Neil's?" His cheeky smile was overtaken by a confused gaze.

"Uh, yeah. They're my foster family currently."

"Ohh, so you're new to town then?"

"Not exactly, but I guess so." The warning bell rippled through the hall which led to most of the students rushing off to their classes. "I should probably get going," she tells Liam. "I'll see ya around." She waves to the boy before closing her locker.

"Yeah, I'll see ya." He waves dramatically. Liam sighs in defeat knowing that he looked like an idiot and he had probably scared her off.

• • •

Alina goes to the washroom quickly with a couple of minutes before her first-period class, Chemistry, begins. She turns on the sink's faucet, cold water shooting out onto her hands. She takes a handful of soap and begins to lather her hands. A girl walks in and joins Alina at the sink beside her, they both smile at each other before continuing to wash their hands.

Alina watches the water fall smoothly onto her small, dainty hands. Suddenly, the water shoots out across the room and hits Alina in the face.

"Shit!" Alina screams.

"Oh my god!" The girl shouts in surprise as the water continues to spray across the room. The girl rushes over, dodging the water, and turns the faucet off. Water is everywhere and all over Alina's face and on the girl's shirt. "You okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, are you?"

"Yeah, just a wet shirt."

"I have an extra gym shirt you can have if you'd like." Alina offers.

"Really?" Alina nods. "That would be nice. I don't think I want to walk around like this for the rest of the day." The two girls laugh.

"Here." Alina rummages through her bag to find the extra gym shirt she had spoken of. Once finding the shirt, she hands it to the girl and she rushes to a bathroom stall to change. Alina grabs a piece of paper towel and begins to dry her face off.

The girl walks back out a second later with Alina's shirt on.

"Thank you so much," she says to Alina.

"No problem and I'm so sorry about that. The water just went crazy." Alina explains with a small chuckle.

"It's okay," she laughs as well. "Uh... you're new, right? I'm Violet." The girl, Violet, introduces herself once Alina nods in confirmation that she is new- not to the town, but the school.

"I'm Alina." Alina introduces herself.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Alina." Violet smiles. "I better get to class. So, I guess I'll return the shirt to you tomorrow if that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine."

"See ya!" The girl waved goodbye and heads out leaving Alina alone in the washroom. Before she heads out to her Chemistry class, she looks back at the faucet with a puzzled look.

• • •

"Alina?" A voice gasped while she was walking through the hall after class.

She turned around to see none other than "Scott freaking McCall?!" She smiled.

"It is you," he walks toward the girl and pulls her into a hug.

"Don't I get a hug?" Another voice spoke. She glanced to see another boy.

"Stiles Stilinski!" She laughs in excitement.

"What are you doing here? I thought you moved away." Scott asked.

"I-I moved back," she stuttered slightly at the lie. However, Alina was not aware that Scott could tell that she had lied, he decided to ignore it. "How have you been?"

"We've been good, and what about you?" He asks.

"I've been okay."

Alina hasn't seen Scott McCall since she was seven. Scott was the first friend she had made out in the real world after she was first released from Eichen House- though he didn't know that she had come from Eichen or that going back to Eichen was the reason she left.

While Alina was moving from foster home to foster home, the families weren't always nice, luckily the McCall household was like a haven for her to escape to. The McCall family, along with the Stilinski's, had helped her in so many ways and they don't even know it.

As for Stiles Stilinski, she hadn't seen the boy since he was admitted into Eichen earlier this year. He wasn't there long, but it was long enough for the two friends to quickly catch up with one another. However, she made Stiles promise to not tell Scott or anyone else she was in Eichen, and he was now the only person to know the truth of her life. And, he seems to have kept that promise as Scott is clueless of where she has been for the last eight years.

Scott's phone began to ring and he glanced down, Alina could see the name Deaton pop up on the caller ID.

"Listen, we've got to go, but we need to catch up sometime, okay?" Stiles tells as he read the caller ID on Scott's phone too.

Alina nods happily in understanding. "Okay, bye, Scott."

"Bye, Alina."