☾.˚˖⁺✦[The Boy Next Door]✦˙⊹˚☽

Start from the beginning

She walks to her bed and picks up the shirt and begins to slip it over her head. She ruffles her slightly damp hair and is about to head downstairs when she sees a figure in the window of the house next door. There stood the boy she had seen last night, however, this time Alina notices his eyes are wide and a shade of red is painted across his cheeks. That is when she realizes that he had just seen her topless.

"Holy shit," She gasps. She quickly grabs her backpack and sprints out of her room and down the stairs.

"Alina," she hears David call her name from a room that she remembers Kelly saying was David's office.

"Yes?"

"Morning," David nods to Alina as he sits behind his wooden desk in his deputy uniform, sipping on his cup of steamy coffee while he reads through what seems to be different files.

"Morning," Alina lets out a breath of air.

"Sleep well?" He asks.

"Yes, and you?"

"I slept well, thanks for asking," Alina nods in acknowledgement.

"I'll be driving you to school, it's on my way to my work, so it will be easiest if I take you."

"Okay, thanks..." Alina is about to turn around to head to the kitchen for breakfast, but a wooden case in the corner of the office catches her attention. The wooden case had a piece of glass in the centre that allowed Alina to see the assortment of guns and rifles. "What are those?" She asks even though it's clear to see what they were.

David finally looks up from the file he was reading and looked to the wooden case that Alina continues to stare at. "Those?"

"Mhm," Alina hums.

He looks back at his file, "those are my guns. I hunt and I've been going since I was just about your age. Used to go with my parents all the time. Now, a couple buddies of mine and I go hunting together..." he pauses before looking back up to Alina, his reading glasses perched on the edge of his nose. "Hunting season is coming, Alina," he says each word slowly.

"It is?" She furrows her brows.

"Oh, you bet. My favourite time of the year, but this season is special." Alina felt goosebumps spread across her bare arms and chills run up her spine. She nods before turning around and heading out of the office, leaving an odd feeling settled within Alina.

• • •

David's blue SUV pulls up to the high school that was currently bustling with teenagers. A nervous feeling grew in the pit of her stomach at the sight of that many people.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine," David tells her with a sincere look.

"Thank you," Alina opens the car door and jumps out with her backpack hung over her right shoulder.

"I can't pick you up after school and neither can Kelly, so you will need to walk if that is alright."

"Yep, that's fine. Have a good day."

"You too, kid." Alina closes the door and walks towards the school, her heart beating insanely quickly. She opens the door of the school and walks through the halls, some kids looked at her with furrowed brows as if they could tell she was new, or maybe it was because of what she was wearing, or maybe she had something on her face, or maybe she smelt, Alina's mind went a mile a minute at all the thoughts of possibilities of why the students were looking at her. She attempted to ignore the worrying thoughts overtaking her mind and headed toward her locker.

"Uh- excuse me," a voice startled her while she was taking out her textbooks. She looked beside her to see a boy, however, it wasn't any boy, it was the boy from the window in the house next door. Once they made eye contact, the boy's cheeks noticeably reddened.