14. Imogen

It's been weeks since I've seen Jaiden, we've both been caught up with school and work and I have clinical that's constantly kicking my ass. If we do see each other it's a quick hello on campus but hardly, our only form of communication is texting and that's boring. I invited him over because Genevieve is spending the weekend at Sebastian's, he said he had to work all weekend, I was kind of hoping he'd come over because the hopeless romantic in me wanted to see him for Valentine's Day. We aren't even an actual couple but that won't stop me from saying I enjoy his company, sometimes a little too much.

I'm laying on the living room floor, Gossip Girl playing on the tv as I do some homework, how lonely of me, doing homework on Valentine's Day. I hear the lock turn and before I could even begin to panic the door opens "bye mom," a voice grumbles. My body relaxes as Jaiden reveals himself.

"What the hell are you doing home?" He asks shocked I'm laying on the floor.

"Why the hell aren't you working?" I retort. Jaiden's gaze softens and he smiles as I sit up.

"Well I was going to surprise you for Valentine's Day because Genevieve said you picked up a shit but here we are," he groans. I smile and stand up walking towards him, he's holding a few bags.

"You wanted to surprise me?" I pout for him and he rolls his eyes.

"Up for an indoor picnic?" He asks shaking the bags.

I took on the belt loop of his jeans and pull him close, "you are swoon-worthy," I tell him, he smiles and leans down to kiss me. I've put my laptop and textbook back in my room and I come back to see Jaiden has already laid out a traditional picnic blanket and he's pulling out food.

"You are so going to get lucky tonight," I tell him. He laughs.

"Your period ended?" He looks at me with a raised brow, I nod and sit down on the blanket. "Before we start eating, I have something else."

"Jaiden," I whine.

"Hush," he demands as he rustles through the bag and pulls out a medium size box, he hands it to me and I turn it around.

I laugh "is this a unicorn lego set?"

He hums happily, "it even stands on its hind legs and there's a rainbow in the background," he points out.

I laugh again "you bought me a unicorn," I say.

He shrugs "you said you wanted one," He says easily pulling out a wine bottle. This man, the man in front of me is unbelievable. He's one of the few people that I've been involved with that actually listens to me and listens to the little things I've said. "I know it's not ideal," he gives me a pointed look as he opens the wine bottle, I watch the veins in his forearms pop, hot. "But," he shrugs and pours the liquid into a glass.

"I love it, thank you," I say genuinely. I put the box beside me and crawl towards him, I pull myself onto his lap and kiss him, he chuckles against my lips. "Just so you know, you aren't getting lucky until we've successfully finished building it," I tell him.

He presses his fingers to my spine "I know," he says. I smile and kiss him again because I can. We sit on the blanket and eat and drink wine. I've never had a formal Valentine's Day but all my future ones will be hard to top because of this one.

I'm on my stomach again, laying on the blanket as I build the Lego set. I feel Jaiden lean down and brush a kiss on my head "what are you doing sweetheart?" He asks, I glance over to see him lowering his phone down to me. I groan and flip him and the camera off, Jaiden laughs and his head blocks the camera as he kisses my cheek.

"People are going to go crazy over that," I tell him knowing he posted it on his Instagram story.

"Who gives a shit," he grumbles as he lays down on his stomach and props his head up with his hand, he's watching me intently.