8. Imogen

Thanksgiving didn't help my anxiety and didn't help my case of an overbearing mother. She's relentless, especially since I brought Jaiden over, she demands to know everything between us and why I had to bring him over, what an insult.

I'm handling the till at the diner, one of the more chill parts of the waiting job. Plus I haven't been on my feet in hours and I'm thankful for that, I'm busy rolling out the dimes when the door opens. I glance up and smile "there's my favorite waitress," Jaiden says twirling his keys.

"Haha," I deadpan as he sits at the counter. "I'm almost done," I tell him.

He hums and taps his long fingers on the counter before glancing around "slow night?" He asks.

"We're an hour and a half away from closing, it is slow," I chuckle closing the tray. Truckie, another waiter here walks out with a broom. He's also a supervisor on closing tonight.

"Hey man," Jaiden greets him and Truckie nods back.

"Counted down?" Truckie asks me and I nod.

"Yeah, I've tallied up."

"If you guys have plans, you can clock out. It'll be quiet in here till closing," Truckie says.

"Thanks, Truck, I'll put the clipboard in the staff room," I tell him and he nods. "I'll be right back," I tell Jaiden and he nods. I'm quick to clock out and grab my purse and jacket, I say a quick goodbye to Truckie as Jaiden guides me out.

"I think Sebastian and Genevieve are having sex, so they'll be late," Jaiden says when we slide into his car, I throw my purse into his backseat after grabbing my small wallet.

"Why the hell do you think that?" I ask as he hands me his phone to plug into the aux.

"Because Maverick tried to call him earlier and I'll save you the details there," He glances at me and I gag. "Exactly, anyways, we'll get there first," He says and I watch him run his hand through his curly blonde hair. "What?" He asks me and I immediately shake my head.

"Nothing," I shrug holding myself back from rubbing my chest.

"You look flighty," he says. "You are flighty. Imogen Howard, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing!" I choke out a laugh, he stares between me and the road and suddenly pulls up along the curb "Jaiden!" I gasp putting my hand on the dash.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just the normal case of anxiety. Oh my god," I say my heart racing. He's throwing the car in park and sliding out of the car, I watch him round the car and pull open my door, I don't even have time to question him because he's unbuckling my seatbelt and pulling me into his arms. I relax against him and breathe in his cologne.

"Hug me back," he says and my laugh is muffled against his coat but I hug him back. I feel him kiss the crown of my head before pulling away "better?" He asks tucking my short hair behind my ears.

"Much, thank you," I sigh. He cups my cheeks and surprises me, again, by kissing me. I'm fisting his shirt and I'm the one that pulls away breathlessly "why'd you do that?" I ask.

"Because I fucking can," he shrugs with a smirk "put your seatbelt back on," he says stepping back and closing the door.

"You never cease to amaze me, Brown," I shake my head at him once he's inside, buckled and pulling away from the curb.

"Ditto," he winks at me and I shove him. We enter Kyle's pub, the usual hangout place for Penn students, they even have theme nights on some occasions. A few people greet Jaiden like he's royalty and he greets them with a head nod and nothing else as I lead him to the back by the pool tables, our usual hangout place.