13. Jaiden

I stare down at Imogen and shake my head, she seems so certain but I can't let her go talk to her dad just for Rick or even for me. She has so much trauma surrounding him and I don't want it to be worse "it's okay," She says squeezing my wrist before stepping beside me.

"If I do this for you, this is it. I get you this information, you help Jaiden, and done. Jaiden doesn't do any more side deals for you, he only works the bar upstairs until he gets a real job. No more poker games, no more drug drop off's. Nothing," Imogen says to Rick.

He stares at her amused and then flicks his eyes at me, I know what he's going to say, and he's going to say okay to please her but only live up to half of her offer. We have big companies coming in to play poker in a few days and Rick needs me, he expressed how important it is. "I can see who wears the pants in this relationship," Rick smiles.

"Rick," I growl.

"Do we have a deal?" Imogen says tipping her head into Rick's eye line so he looks at her. "Because you may know some people in the black market but so do I," she says. I glance at her, she's either telling the truth or she's got a mean poker face.

"I don't doubt you do doll," Rick says. "We have a deal." He looks at me "I'll tell you the details on your next shift, Happy New Year," He tells us with a smile. I'm quick to pull up the door and guide Imogen.

My hands are twitching and I need my deck of cards or a cigarette, I guide Imogen to the nearest restroom, the ones down here are cleaner than the ones upstairs. I lock the door behind us, there are no cameras in here "What the hell were you thinking?" I ask her. "Imogen, I told you not to agree to anything he says."

"I couldn't let you ruin your life for me."

"I said I would handle it!" I groan rubbing my forehead.

"He agreed to our deal."

"He's a shady prick!" I yell, Imogen steps back and bumps into the door. I drop my arm and sigh, "I'm sorry I yelled."

She sighs and shakes her head "your putting your life on the line for me the least I can do is go see my deadbeat dad," she says and looks down at the card in her hand.

I run my thumb by my lower lip and sigh before walking towards her, I grasp her chin with my fingers and force her to look up "You don't have to do anything for me," I assure her.

"It's you and me Jaiden," she reminds me and I stare into her eyes stroking her chin.

"I'm coming with you when you go see him," I tell her and she nods.

"Some way to ring in the New Year huh?" She says leaning her head back on the door.

"Honestly it's not bad now, we're alone," I shrug moving her head back and forth before letting go of her chin and placing my hand beside her head. I watch her lower her gaze down my body and I smirk, I'm wearing a simple white button-down with the sleeves rolled up and black jeans.

I slowly lower my gaze down her body as well, Imogen lays a hand on my pec and slowly pulls me close, I lay my forehead on hers, and her mouth ghosts over mine. I cup the back of her neck and pull her close our lips coming together "it was kind of hot seeing you put Rick in his place," I murmur against her lips and she smiles popping open the first button on my shirt.

I palm her breast through her shirt and groan, she's not wearing a bra and I'm holding back from taking her in my mouth, instead, I slip my hand down her body and underneath her skirt "you naughty girl," I shake my head as she continues to undo my buttons. "You aren't wearing any panties."

"Maybe I was hoping for this to happen," she shrugs coyly and I practically growl pushing our lips together again. She's wet for me so I'm able to slide two fingers inside her, she gasps "Jaiden," she squeezes my bicep and duck my head to her neck. "No hickey's," she tells and I groan against her skin.