18

Paige's POV:

I am here in the cafeteria for lunch. I chose to sit at a table by myself. I avoided looks from everyone including my friends and Warren. I don't want to talk to any of them,maybe Zach,Magenta or Ethan. Will is too busy anyways,I am mad at Layla right now but also at Warren. I don't even know why I got stuff to eat or drink. I pushed it away. As a matter of fact, I got up and I threw it all away and I left that lunchroom.

Warren's POV:
I was eating lunch at my table when I looked around wondering where Paige was. I look over and I see a color haired girl with a black hoodie on. She had an amputated leg and two casts.

Ah! There she is! But why is she sitting over there? I tried to get her to look at me but she wouldn't,it's like she was avoiding making eye contact with me. I don't know why, I don't think I did anything wrong. She was fine a few days ago. All I know is,I just want her to start talking to me again.

All of a sudden,that hippie friend of Stronghold's came and sat down opposite of me, "Hi,Warren" I was confused, "Did I do or say anything last night to make you think that this is okay?" She smiles, "Funny. You're never going to believe what happened. I was about to ask Will to homecoming when,wouldn't you know it, I said I was going with you instead."

'Is that why Paige is upset? Did she want to go to homecoming with me? I like her. Why wouldn't she not want to go with me? I would've loved to go with her. Wait a minute...I bet you she heard Layla telling Will that she is going to go with me now and is upset. Woah. I've got to make this right between me and Paige. She has to know that I like her.'

I said something to Layla, "I don't remember that being the plan." I notice now that Paige is gone, I have a feeling that she didn't eat or drink anything for lunch. This is bad!

That purple girl came by and sat by Layla, "Hey,Layla. Did you do the history homework?" Layla nods her head and I ask her, "What do you think you are doing?" She sarcastically replies, "It's called, 'sitting." I talk back to her, "No one sits here but me and Paige." Layla and Magenta just, "hmm..." and ignore me.

Magenta continues to question Layla about their homework, "What did you get for four? I'm not sure if Tigerman was:
A) Bitten by a radioactive tiger or
B) Bitten by a regular tiger and then exposed to radiation

The orange kid sat by me on my right, "Woah! Are we eating at Warren's table now? I feel extremely dangerous." I became outraged, "Woah. Woah." Then Glowstick joined on my left, "Is this guy bothering you,Magenta?"

He motioned to me and I spoke up, "Try the other way around. Does anyone else need a date for homecoming?" I ask,my voice soaked with sarcasm,Ethan was the only one who raised his hand.

Out of nowhere,Layla starts laughing like some crazy person, "Haha! Warren, you are crazy!" I noticed why,because out of the corner of my eye, I saw Will walking with Gwen and her posse of popular kids. Layla looks at me with begging eyes, "Please, I promise, I will make this as painless as possible."

Then it clicked for me, "So,let me get this straight: You are not doing this just because you like me or something. You are doing this to get to Stronghold?" She nods her head, "Yes."

I smile, "Then I'm in" my smile disappears, "But I'm not renting a tux and I'm going with Paige." I grab my backpack and walk away from them to try and find Paige.

Paige's POV:
Nowadays,I just talk to Magenta,Zach and Ethan. Will has definitely separated himself from us,from his sidekick friends. I am still avoiding Layla and Warren. I think Magenta and Zach should go to the dance together,they would be a super cute couple.

Will came over and said, "Hi." But was quickly pulled away by Gwen. I decided to go so I excused myself but then I saw Layla and Warren together and my heart broke at the mere sight. Warren saw me, "Paige!"

I ran,he chased after me into the school but I ran and hid in a secret location but after trying to find me,he gave up. Then after that, I went home. I don't know why my hearts so much.

Will's POV:
I was trying to get ahold of Layla after that stupid party that Gwen threw. It wasn't even my fault but I still got in trouble for it,I decided that I am not going to go to homecoming and I broke up with Gwen. I have called Layla multiple times and I am at that Chinese restaurant but she hasn't answered any of my calls and now her message inbox is full.

I ran into Warren,who works here. He told me about Layla and the real scenario with him,her and homecoming,that they were only going together to make me jealous because Layla has a crush on me. Then I said, "That must be a relief for Paige." He looked confused, "What do you mean?"

I gave him a look, "Seriously? She likes you,dude. She is totally into you,believe me." He looks shocked but he left to continue his restaurant duties and then I left.