7

Paige's POV:

While walking with the group,Zach was complaining about his power placement result as a sidekick when he got tricked than teased about it by the copycat boy. Ethan shouts in Zach's defense, "You are not supposed to use your powers outside the school gym!" An announcement was made, "The cafeteria staff requests sidekicks to stop ordering hero sandwiches."

We took our seats at a table, Will looked behind him and then looked back quickly. He asks us, "Am I crazy or is that guy really looking at me?" We all look behind Will. I don't know what happened but when I saw this guy,my heart stopped,butterflies flew in my stomach,I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks and a smile starting to appear on my face but I was quick to hide it,hopefully my friends and the mysterious hot boy didn't see it.

Zach, "Dude!" Will questions, "What?" Zach answers Will's question, "That's Warren Peace." My eyes widened, "That's Warren Peace?" Zach, "Yeah." I answered, "I've heard about him." Layla, "His mom is a superhero and his dad is a supervillain." I add, "Baron Battle." Will asks, "Where do I come in?" I answer, "Your dad. My godfather busted his dad. Quadruple life sentence. No chance of parole until after his third life."

Sarcastically,Will remarks, "Great. My first day at Sky High, and I already have an archenemy. Is he still looking?" Layla looks behind him, "No." She shakes her head as she answers him.

He looks at her in all seriousness, "No?" Layla repeats herself, "No" Will looked behind himself again and Warren was still looking at him. He looks back at Layla, "I thought you said he wasn't looking." This time, I took the time to really look at him-tall,dark brown hair with gorgeous brown eyes to match,a red streak in his hair as well. He also has a very nice tan with bright orange flame birthmarks on his wrists due to his family lineage. He was all decked out in black. Those lips. Those lips. I won't go into details but he has some fine lips.

All of a sudden, Magenta and Layla shake me and I snap out of my trance, "Paige,are you okay?" They ask me. I look at Warren again, I had to do a double take when I noticed that he winks and smiles at me. I blush and look away with a smile on my face. Layla feels my forehead but she pulls her hand away fast, "Ouch! Paige! You are burning up,are you okay? You might be running a fever,maybe you should go see the nurse."

I nod my head rapidly. I grab my backpack and my lunch tray. Everyone was confused,including me- 'Why am I acting like this?' Will asks me, "Where are you going,Paige?" I smile and came up with the quickest little white lie I could think of, "I'm just going to go and see the nurse like Layla said. I'll see you guys later at Power Placement! Bye!" I excused myself and I threw away the remainder of my lunch and I quickly sped walked my way out of that cafeteria.

I go into the girls' bathroom and I splashed some water onto my face. I say to myself, "Calm down,Paige. You are okay. It's just the heat outside,it is kind of hot in here." I took a few deep breath's and I exited the bathroom.

They made another announcement, "A reminder: There is no smoking on school grounds,or freezing or bursting into flames."

That is so unfair! It feels like that was directed at me,that other ice girl and Warren. The ice girl's name is Freya by the way. But, 'Oh,Warren...' my mind thought of him again.

'What is happening to me? Is this what a crush is? I have never had one before. This would be my first one. Oh my god!'

And that is when I realized-

'I have a crush on Warren Peace. The son of Baron Battle: the notorious supervillain and the only son of Angelica Peace:one great superhero. Will's archenemy.'

Not to mention,Warren's mother is a role model of mine besides my mother and godmother.