10

Paige's POV:

The next day was even a bigger shock because I came to discover that I don't have any classes with Layla,Ethan,Will,Zach or Magenta because I am a 'Hero' and they are 'Sidekicks.'

Now,here I sit in my Mad Science class with Mr. Medulla,whose head looks like a giant lightbulb-no pun intended and no rudeness either. The only people I recognize in here are Freya,Penny,Lash,Speed,Gwen and Warren.

Mr. Medulla just announced lab partners according to a list he has and to my luck,me and Warren Peace are now lab partners. He looks at me with one of his wildly and wickedly charming smirks and says to me, "You know,we never got to finish our conversation earlier." Underneath the table,I could feel his hand grasp mine and the same reaction from earlier was happening.

We started to play a thumb war underneath the table. I won,but I think he only let me win. We quickly separated our hands when Mr. Medulla came around to look at the progress our project possessed.

He looks amazingly impressed, "Very impressive experiment,Peace,Winters. Mist captured in a bottle. With the combination of fire and heat plus water and ice in an evaporated reaction. You will get mist. A+ for both of you!"

Yes,Mr. Medulla let us use our powers for this one since it is our first day in his class. Warren smiles as he looks at me, "Nerd." I pretended to look offended, "You are one too!" I acted like I was going to cry and he looked seriously concerned, "Oh my god,Paige,I didn't mean to hurt your feelings,I am so sorry. I'll do anything to make it up to you!" He pulled me in for a hug. But then I start to laugh quietly and I smile.

Warren was confused until I laughed, "Ha ha! Gotcha!" He smiles and it was then that the bell rang and I made a mad dash to the door, "Sucker!" Warren ran out after me, "You are going to regret that,Winters!" He ran after me in the hall until he caught me and turned me to face him, "In all seriousness,though,would you like to sit with me at lunch at my table?" I smirk, "I thought only you sat at your table?"

He answers me back, "That is still true but I can make an exception for you." I smile as I began to tease him, "Is this your way of asking me on a date at school?" I smirk and he turns away,embarrassed, "No." I then offered him a smile, "I would love to eat lunch with you,Warren." He smiles at me, "Great. See you then!" And we go in opposite directions to get to our next classes.