17

Paige's POV:

The next day,Layla and I decided to meet Will at the bus stop. She told me everything that happened the previous night with her and Will. I admit, I do feel bad for her. When Will arrived,he was absolutely stoked, "Layla! Paige! You're not gonna believe what happened last night." I gave him a look as Layla held a fortune cookie in her hand with a sad look on her face.

Will, "You both are not going to believe what happened last night!" He took the fortune cookie and he read the tiny message that was written on a small and thin slip of paper, 'Your loyalties are clear when it comes to friends.' I smirk and in my head, I say, 'Yeah,maybe in a past life.'

He came upon a realization, "Oh,god. Oh my gosh. I totally spaced it! You must want to kill me." She smiles, "Actually,just the opposite. I have something to tell you." Will grew excited.

"Yeah?" She smiles, "Yeah,but you first." Will, "Okay. It's about homecoming." Layla jumps up, "Really? Me too!" He announces, "I'm going with Gwen Grayson. Can you believe it?"

Her smile disappears but is quickly replaced with a fake smile as he continues, "Me?a freshman,going with the most amazing girl at Sky High." I clear my throat and Will adds, "I'm sorry,Paige is the coolest girl at Sky High."

We all laugh after that. Layla, "Will,that is awesome!" Will agrees with her and then the bus arrives. We got on and took our seats and then we took off on our normal route to school.

Will asks Layla, "Oh,yeah, I almost forgot what is your homecoming news?" Layla, "I'm going too!" Will grew curious as did I, "Really? Who with?" I ask her too, "Yeah,who with?" Layla, "Who with?" Will, "Yeah. Who asked you?"

She rolls her eyes and smiles, "Oh. Who asked me? Warren Peace." I crushed my can of soda in my hand when she said that. I could feel my eyes glaring daggers at the back of Layla's head. My temperature also began to rise.

When we arrived at school,Will started to bomb Layla with questions, "Warren Peace? You can't be serious! Layla! The guys a psycho! And he is my biggest enemy! How could you go with him? When did you even start hanging out?"

She answers, "Last night. The Paper Lantern." I am so mad at her. Good luck,Layla! You are going to need it!