16

Paige's POV:

The battle has now officially begun! With the help of Lash,Speed was launched like a frisbee and sped all around the gym floor like they were playing air hockey-both Will and Warren were thrown off their balances'.

Warren landed against a piece of machinery while Will was slammed against the wall. We all gasped in fear. I don't know who I was more worried about:Warren or Will. They got up quick due to their marvelous reflexes.

Warren threw the piece of metal away from him but Lash came after him and tangled him up in his two long spaghetti arms, "Huh,What now,Peace?" He asked Warren in a rude teasing manner. Warren burned him with his fire powers and Lash let him go as he complained about his pain,not going to lie,he probably would have third degree burns.

Lash looked at the Coach and yelled, "Hey! Coach,that's a foul! Call something on that!"

Boomer laughs,enjoying himself. Speed races around Will and Will spun off his axis again,this time he fell to the floor. The same thing happened for a third time and I could tell just by looking at Will that he was getting mad.

Lash transformed his legs into long spaghetti like stints. Warren tried to throw fire bombs at him. He accidentally aimed one at the Coach,which all caused a scene of amusement for us as students, "Watch it,Hothead!" Boomer yells as he tries to fan away the flames from his referee uniform.

A fourth time came Speed,he made Will spin like a prima ballerina and he fell again. I hated seeing what was happening to them. Will jumped up and he punched his fist into the floor. The floor erupted like an earthquake and started to unstack itself like a game of stacked dominos.

Speed and Lash went flying through the air. Will grabbed hold of Lash and tied him up to a pole using his own two long arms. Lash begged and begged to not be tied up but I am glad that Will didn't listen.

Speed was running across the board that separated us and them,Warren kept throwing multiple fire bombs but barely missing Speed every single time. Warren looks at Will,exhausted and he yells, "Hey! Save The Citizen!"

Will looked at the clock,only for it to show him that have less than 40 minutes to complete this. Now,Speed is running rapid circles around Warren. The vortex that Speed is creating is sucking away Warren's oxygen. No oxygen=No flame.

Boomer, "Come on!" Will grabs hold of Speed,still running and throws him into Lash. They collide and the pole falls over and they crash into the wall. Less than 4 minutes left.

Will grabs hold of Warren and throws him over the death machine. Warren grabs the dummy and they land on the floor. Boomers eyes are as wide as saucers, "Time! She's alive!"

Warren throws the dummy to the side and stands up without Will's help. Everyone claps and cheers for them,mainly Will. Will became surrounded by the popular crowd as they raised his arms in the air, "Heroes win! Speed,Lash! Hit the showers!" Boomer shouts.

I went over to Warren and I said to him, "Congratulations...hero!" He smiles at me, "Were you worried about me,Paige?" I shake my head, "No" then he gives me a certain look.

"Okay,fine. A little." He pushed on and I gave in, "Fine! Yes! I was worried about you. Don't tell anybody!" Warren, "Don't worry,sweetheart. I won't." I caught him there.

"What?" He asks me with a smirk. "Sweetheart?" Warren was still confused, "What?" I mimicked his same look from earlier, "You are going to call me sweetheart? Am I really that sweet?" He surrenders and says, "I know but it is perfect for me. For me,it is perfect for you."

I blush and look away but I had to leave so we bid our goodbyes and headed in opposite directions once again with Layla and Magenta teasing me about the whole thing. Will won Save The Citizen as a freshman and that was a cool thing to witness-history being made.

That night, I was up in my bedroom,working on my hero homework when I got a text from Layla. I knew she had dinner plans with Will tonight. I look at the clock to see it display 8:05 pm and their evening was supposed to start at 8:00pm. I thought, 'Oh,no!'

In Layla's text,it reads:

'I've been here at the Paper Lantern all night.
Will still hasn't shown up.
I don't know what to do.'

She also went onto add:

'Do you know that your crush works here at the Paper Lantern?' Warren? How did she know? Oh my god! I hope she didn't tell him! Uhh! I am so embarrassed right now!

Apparently, Warren gave her some good advice and Layla is finally going to ask Will to go to the homecoming dance with her,she even confessed to Warren that she likes Will but Warren noticed it within five minutes of him knowing Layla.

She was scared about asking Will because he likes somebody else and she is perfect,in her mind,except Bubblegum Popularity Princess isn't perfect because she has some skeletons hiding in her closet.

She also stole Warren's deep quote, 'To let true love remain unspoken is the quickest way to a heavy heart.' It made me think about my own crush on Warren, I need to tell him or ask him to homecoming or I am going to get that whole, 'heavy heart thing.'