Chapter 31

Hey everyone! How are you all?

So, the biggest festival of India is here..!!🥳🎊🎉

Which team are you rooting for this time?

Which was your favorite match till now?

Mine...Of course, LSG Vs GT ❤❤

////////////

They say a view from the stadium never provides you the zeal of the fast bowler you experience on your TV screen.

I saw both in the past and agreed. But, today I realized the passion, the sweat, the pressure, the heartbeats and the craze that surrounds a team in the last six bowls of the match, like never before.

MI needed 4 runs off the last two balls.

Hardik was on crease at the non-striker's end, unbeaten at 44 off 25 bowls. With him was Jasprit Bumrah.

Hazlewood was at his best today. And there was every reason for one of the best captains in the history of cricket to trust him with the last over.

'You think, they can pull off?' the manager George asked me, nervously.

I didn't realize when I too, garnered the same nervous heartbeat.

'I don't know. Hope Jassi hits it without a pressure.'

'Right. He somehow needs to take a run and give Pandya the strike.' George said and I nodded.

And then the camera zoomed at the face of Mrs. Ambani, ritualistically praying for her team with her usual enthusiasm. Her son sat beside her, equally tensed.

'Wow! That works for us every time.' George said, scoffing.

'What? Really?' I asked chuckling. He nodded.

Josh measured his man, through the imaginary line and paced up for an 130 kmph that turned to a speed of around 125 kmph once he released.

'Oh no!' I saw Ishan punch the pillar near him.

Jasprit Bumrah was ready to hit it hard no matter what, but the impact wasn't as he expected. Just like earlier, it slowed down after the impact.

Hardik called for a run, Bumrah obeyed and the rolling ball reached Suresh Raina's expert fielding hands at the mid-on in the process.

'$hit!' George muttered.

'Run fast, maan..!' Pollard screamed beside me.

'Oh no!' I, too, gasped unknowingly as Raina threw the ball, aiming the non-striker's stamp.

Hardik and Jasprit had crossed midway but...

'HOWZATTTTT????' Hazlewood appealed as the ball struck the stamps, rooting off the bails. And the confident amusement at the face of the legend behind the stamps, said it all.

'He's gone!' spread all over the dressing room.

The umpire raised a finger, and Jasprit made his way towards the dressing room.

'Who's next?' I asked, turning to Ishan.

'Trent Boult.' he replied, with a sigh.

Boult was already padded up.

I threw mouthed him a little 'good luck' as he went. Jasprit was back to the dressing room.

He was visibility frustrated and Krunal bhaiya pulled a chair for him.