Chapter 18

Hello everyone! First off, I'm so much overwhelmed by the response and love you all gave to this story despite my long absence. My gratitude to Dharshaini_tAisha_Oberoi26 Abhidhi16iGargiSharma104891 prakruthi695 silentwhispers68 Shefalikapoor77 nidhi7636 _Heights_  MahinQuadri and AninditaRoy5
Truly, thank you all...😢❤❤ Second, I know we all are missing Hardik in this story ☹ But, guess what, THE HERO MUST BE BACK 🤔🤗 It's a relatively shorter chapter but I hope you'll like it...

~~~~~~~~~~

After all the drama, finally Eshaanvi and Rahul were at the door to Rahul's flat. Eshaanvi tried to twist the knob to unlock the door but Rahul stopped her.

'No. First, close your eyes.' Rahul said to his confused sister.

'Rahul! This is so childish!' she chuckled at her brother.

'Esh, please! I know how much I hurt you and I want to make it up.' Rahul said, hoping everything inside was as per the plan.

'Okay fine!' Esh sighed as her brother twisted the knob of the unlocked door and caught hold of the hands that were still like a baby's tender hands to him.

'Walk with me, little one..' he said with a smile, excitement throbbing his heart.

Eshaanvi smiled being lead inside by her brother. There was an amazing floral smell all over the place and things seemed quite different and dark. One moment, she wanted to open the eyes but then, she didn't want to ruin Rahul's surprise.

'Stop..' Rahul finally signalled as his steps halted at the living room.

'Now, my baby sister may finally open her eyes.' he insisted. Eshaanvi opened her eyes slowly and her jaw hung immediately.

It was a full neon setting with a big white screen in front of her eyes which read THANKS FOR BEING THE BEST BABY SISTER IN THIS WORLD in neon fonts. There was a sudden change as the neon changed to dark and she saw a picture of her as a 8 month old picked up by a little Rahul.

YOU WERE A LITTLE HEAVY FOR ME BUT I MADE SURE YOUR FEET NEVER HIT THE GROUND...the quote read.

'Oh my God Rahul!' Esh exclaimed holding her brother's hand. Rahul smiled.

Then, another picture appeared and it was the day of Eshaanvi's first school. Rahul was tying her hairs into a pony tail while Bhavna laughed beside them.

BHAVU HAD A BET WITH ME THAT I CAN NEVER TIE YOUR HAIR PROPERLY. WHAT DO YOU THINK?..the quote read.

^^^^^^^^^