Chapter 34

'Sloooow dooooown!' I screamed as we rode through an ally route of Kolkata as Hardik thought he would be caught if he rides on the highway.

'Don't talk much Tweety! It'll distract me knowing the speed of the car coming from the other side. And you know, they say that a pillion has more possibility die in such cases...' Hardik's voice jammed through the air.

'... what? Hardik, in that case, my ghost will never get rid of your neck! You have to bear my spirit the whole freaking life!' I screamed angrily..

He chuckled. 'That won't be much different from now, is it? Look at the way you have me at your clutch! You already have your chin on my neck and your annoying voice poking my ear drums!'

My teeth gritted. 'That's because if I get hit, I'll make sure I take you with me!'

'... and we'll have so much fun in he'll together.' He laughed, turning his neck at me.

'Shut up and look front!' I pushed his head, being scared of loosing a sight of the car coming from the other side.

^^^^

After 20 long minutes.... we finally arrived at a crowded place, that looked quite similar to the Fashion Street in Mumbai or Sarojini Market in Delhi.

'Esplanade! They call this place. Fit for everyone from every social and age group. Wrap your scarf properly and I'll do the same.' He said parking the bike and wrapping the scarf around his face like a man from Kabul.

'Uh.. but, why are you here? And, what does it have to do it with me meeting Shreyas?' I asked confused.

Hardiked scoffed and looked at me head to toe. 'You'll see how I'll make Shreyas see you.' He spoke rather deeply. 'Now, follow me ...' he said waving a hand and heading towards the market.

^^^^^^

I won't lie. I was pretty amused with the products. I brought a great deal of self grooming and makeup stuffs at a very low cost from this place and strangely enough, Hardik too brought some glasses and stuffs from himself. It was shocking since I took him to be a complete brand-guy.

'... and there .. for your clothes...' he finally, took me inside a big store.

'Clothes. My? But, I already...' I protested but Hardik cut me off.

'Oh please, Eshaanvi, don't you dare call those things clothes. And you surely don't want to dress in those in front of Shreyas.' He said in a mocking tone.

'Woah! I guess you don't know my collections. Last year, I've got a Lehenga worth ...'

'... no way! You're planning to wear a lehenga or saree on your date. That'd be gross!' He said with a look of neglect.

'Hardik, I have ..' I tried to protest again.

'I've seen it all and ...' Hardik suddenly put his hands on my shoulders. '... and my dear grandma, you do need a makeover of your wardrobe.'

I shoved his hand away giving him a dirty look. 'Everyone isn't like you Hardik. Shreyas might actually like me the way I am.'

'Might..' Hardik quoted with his fingers. 'You aren't sure, are you Tweety! Do me a favor. Just look at Shreyas' IG posts and check the way girls dress around him. That's what his type is.' Hardik explained.

'But, what if..'

'What if my grandma avatar impresses him and he realizes how different and cool I am from other girls.' Hardik mimicked a girly voice as we walked. 'Grow up, Tweety! These are mere chickflicks and wattpad stories that you need to get out of your head. No man would chose a cooler woman over a hotter one in reality.' Hardik said sharply. That hit my nerves.