Chapter 14: Beyond amazing

Katrina Johnson

Mason walked past Celine and cupped my face making me freeze. What is he doing? I looked up at his close towering figure in confusion my heart about to burst.

"It's payback time" he whispered so low that only I could hear him.

Mason leaned down and kissed me softly and gently. At first, I didn't kiss him back still under shock, but when I felt his tongue glide over my lower lip, I instantly relaxed and parted my lips for him inviting him in. I wrapped my arms around his waist, forgetting where we were and what I came here for. I felt him break the kiss but brought him back to me wanting more of him and reconsidering my reasons for staying away from him. How could I push him away when I felt so strongly about him?

It was only when Elsa cleared her throat that I slowly and reluctantly pulled away breaking our kiss. Our second amazing kiss. A kiss that made my stomach flutter with butterflies.  I was never someone for public display but I enjoyed every second of the moment we shared, even if it was just to make a point on his part. He used me in front of Celine the same way I used him in front of Fred. And I didn't mind at all.

"Don't go, baby, my meetings are over for the day."

I melted inside imagining for a second that this was real, "I wasn't leaving; I was going to get coffee." I smiled to cover up my lie.

"If you're both done with your PDA, could you come back here and finish what we started?" We both turned to look at Celine. She had a hand on her hip and was tapping her right foot on the tiled floor nervously.

"We never started anything Celine, you called me, I told you I did not want to speak to you. You came here with an appointment to some firm without giving your name knowing full well I wouldn't receive you!"

Mason stood beside me wrapping an arm around my waist and brought me closer to his side. I was well aware of Elsa's glaring and hoped she wouldn't ruin his little game.

Celine said nothing, she just narrowed her eyes at me probably studying me and criticizing me in her head from where she stood. She glanced at Elsa "Is she the serious girlfriend you told me about?"

"Yes, that's Katrina Johnson." Elsa wasn't one bit pleased with the affirmation, she also looked disgusted.

"You don't seem to like her though?" Celine smirked "You still didn't tell him about your little crush?"

Huh! I knew it! I knew she liked him. Was he the only blind one about that?

"I like her better than I liked you. That must say something."

"Enough Celine."

"Richard's Group is my company, it was passed down to me by my late father. I didn't know about it because my uncle kept it to himself. Now I took it back."

"Well, congrats. You're an architect, why don't you design whatever it is you're doing?"

"I want you to do it." She stated simply. "But looks like you haven't really moved on and that's why you're refusing a huge client. I wonder what Adam would think about that."

Mason let out a frustrated sigh "You know what, I'm done talking to you. I have my full share of projects for the next few months, you want our company to take yours, go pitch it to Adam. I have a date with my girlfriend." He took my hand and led me inside his office, grabbed his things, and pulled me out again where Celine was still staring at us in awe.

Once in the confinement of the elevator, I tried to pull my hand away but his grip only tightened. We walked toward a black fancy Audi and he opened the door for me only then letting go of my hand. I climbed in and watched him get in the driver's seat unable to read his emotions. He was silent for a moment before turning the car on.