42| I feel fucking fine

Start from the beginning

"This was your last mission. I can't take the chance of what happened to you occurring again." This is all bullshit. What happened was an accident and because I made a terrible mistake within those three seconds. I love what I do and they all know that.

"I don't know who you're talking to because it's clearly not me." I rolled my eyes at him. I can't believe him right now. I know this life is dangerous but I'm like this because of one mistake.

"It's your last mission and that's it. I could have lost you if we made it just five minutes late, Irina." He hissed. I'm trying to change his mind without arguing with him. "Why did you lie to me when I asked if you're okay?" He clenched his jaw. This man clearly forgot himself.

"Things were hectic, I didn't want to be a burden anymore. Gio, it's the past and I'm doing just fine now." I spoke softly.

"Your lungs are incomplete, Irina. You almost left us all. We'd be nothing if you did."

"Giovanni no shit, I'm fucking alive and I'm not taking orders from you. We got a wedding to plan my love." If looks did kill, I'd be dead by now. I brushed my hands over my face trying to hide my laugh knowing that he can't do anything to me even if he wanted to.

"Fucking women." He murmured under his breath but I still caught it.

"What was that?" I raised a brow, knowing well what he said.

"I said this was your last mission, you're to remain indoors, baby." He lied. He lies but I can't? He roughly pushed me over to the side to sit next to me.

"What the fuck, Gonzalez? Be more careful." I elbowed the side of his head. This didn't hurt one bit, just an excuse to hit him after his bullshit talk. "I miss you." I chuckled, nuzzling my head in his neck, taking in his woody scent.

"When did you like to be careful?" He chuckled and I knew exactly what he meant. This nasty SOB but it's true, I've never been careful and this is something I needed to work on. "I miss you too, baby." He parted my lips with his thumb before taking my lips with his. A kiss rough yet passionate with his hand around my throat just how I liked it. "So, what color theme would you like for our wedding?" He pulled away from me. He looked handsome as always even with dark under eyes.

"White. It's tradition." I scoffed. He didn't seem pleased. I've never seen these men wear white and this is the perfect opportunity.

"No." He highly refused. "Black sounds great." He smirked.

I looked at him confused, "Black? Giovanni, no." We stayed there not agreeing on anything. Why would anyone have a black themed wedding, this wasn't a funeral. I understood black was their color but no. Seeing Giovanni's facial expressions when I gave an idea made me laugh. In the end, we'd both have to agree on something we both like.

***

Freya said it was okay to go out for some cool breeze and it was just what I needed. Giovanni and I's wedding was on Sunday, April 17th in the evening at Uffizi Gallery. I chose the place and Gio chose to get married at the house. I've dreamt of having a big wedding, one so special that he had to agree with me, making me agree to his black wedding but only if he agreed to have red with it. This man was complicated, he liked nothing.

"Hola chica." Valentina rushed out of the door with pregnant Anastasia and Olivia. Elena was out with Mateo working for Giovanni. He'd be at the house in an hour. When I saw Anastasia pregnant, I felt overjoyed like when Olivia was. She was four months back in January and didn't show at all. "What are you thinking about?" I shift my gaze to her.

"Nothing really, what are you guys doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Giovanni had asked the girls to go down to the warehouse to deal with intel on the military. Someone had been selling drugs illegally and using his name.