37| Santiago Miguel

"Irina, you're connected

"Irina, you're connected." Alejandro spoke. I sipped some water and watched the phone screen. I visualized when Antonio and Angelino walked up to the main entrance, no one recognised the two.

"We're in." Antonio managed to say.

"Santiago Miguel is in room seven. That's on the second floor of the building. Two doors to the left." Alejandro uttered. "Every time at noon, Santiago goes down to the pool and returns two hours later. At this time two guards go up to watch his apartment. Meanwhile, Giovanni and Dimitri go up and you two let them in. When Santiago returns, you two leave." He reminded the two of the plan.

"Copy." Angelino responded. I watched Giovanni's car and wanted so badly to communicate with him but that was not part of the plan.

"Santiago just left a minute ago." Antonio whispered. How has no one questioned guards at only one door in this hotel?

"Boss, in five minutes you go up." Alejandro spoke.

"Copy." The voice I longed to hear blurted out. They'd swiftly made their way past the front desk man. On the inside of the room, no one knew what went on. We only hoped for the best. "We're in. Alejandro, release the article in an hour." We all waited an hour until someone knocked at the door.

"This must be Valentina. Alejandro, she's here." Valentina stood outside with suitcases in her hand. I understood this was her belongings but she could have easily replaced them in Italy. "Hey. You're early."

"I'm always early." She stood there nervously. "I bought donuts." She handed the box to me.

"That's great. I've been hungry for some time now. Please come in." Valentina looked confused. She realized I was the only one here. "They had to take care of something before leaving." She pouted her lips in the shape of an 'o'.

I changed into my blacksuit and waited for code red. Alejandro had released the article moments before. Time was almost up.

"We're leaving soon. Alejandro is already down at the airport." Valentina looked uneasy. She does not look stupid and knows something is up. She gave me a smile gesturing that she is ready to leave or because she had nothing to say. I haven't seen anything like this before. She really trusts Alejandro.

"He's going in right now." My earbud rang.

"I'm going to use the bathroom. I'll meet you outside." Antonio turned to face Angelino.

"Antonio, there's no time for that." Giovanni groaned but Antonio still left. Adrenaline rushed through my veins. He didn't listen nor did he respond. Something was off.

"Antonio, head outside right now. There are masked men coming in your direction." I yelled. Guess there's nothing like the perfect plan. "Giovanni, Antonio's earbud failed. This is why he could not hear you." No reply. Giovanni didn't respond. Before he left he promised me he would be safe.