𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 , the fox and the wolf

Beginne am Anfang

It wasn't like how it had been when she had pushed herself into Stiles's mind, showing him their past, something both of them had already experienced, it was more so the effect that an ice bath had on an individual, like when she had been sat with her aunt Talia, a place that Talia created for herself. Isaac had done the same. And she was surprised to find out where Isaac claimed as a place of sanctuary for the two of them to talk. 

Derek's loft. It was dark, cold, the typical loft that the two of them had come to know well, that even if it did sometimes seem creepy and some bad things had happened here, it was a place the two of them always come back to, even if the brunette girl never lived in the loft, it still felt like somewhat of a home to her after spending most days of the summer lounging around in it, bonding with her deranged father, now over-protective cousin, and of course, Isaac. 

Both of them were sitting on Derek's sofa, sitting on opposing ends of it, as if they were scared to sit too close to one another. Kinsey had her knees pulled to her chest, her chin resting of them, her arms wrapped around her legs, curled up into a tight ball as she looked at the wolf slouched back, staring at the ceiling. She looked around her, at the loft, something seemed different from when she had last been here, there looked like less furniture than the pieces that Cora added in the short time she lived with her big brother. As thunder rumbled and lightning illuminated the loft, she realized why that was. She looked back at the slouching wolf, looking him up and down, analyzing the clothes he wore before doing the same to herself, making sure that she had been right in her assumptions. And from what she saw, she was. 

There was a reason the loft lacked certain pieces of furniture, why something seemed just a little different compared to when she had last visited. It was because Cora hadn't added those pieces of furniture yet. They weren't just in the loft. But they were in the loft on a specific night. One of the early nights of summer. When she realized, her face drew back into a smile, a warmth spread through her as she embraced the silence between them again. Remembering that night.

How she had and Isaac had been sat just like this. Nothing more than a pair of friends. They had spent all day following leads on finding Erica and Boyd with her father and Derek, only after they had gotten caught in a heavy downpour had the four called it a day, returning to the loft where a pair of teenagers complained about their hunger, encouraging the two Hale's to treat them to a pizza night, leaving them at their own wits to change out of damp clothes. 

Kinsey had planned to sleep at the loft that night, by the time they returned from following the lead it was too late to return to Lydia's, meaning she was unprepared for her stay, even more so with her clothes been soddened by the rain. Isaac had offered her some of his clothes, a t-shirt that buried her, but it was much more comfortable than wet denim shorts and a tank top. After she had showered the brunette joined Isaac on the couch, he stared at the ceiling, deep in his own thoughts, waiting for her to return and give him some company while the two Hales were gone. She supposed that she could consider that night the night it had all begun for them. 

Things were so different, yet so similar to then. The large t-shirt he had given her that night was a t-shirt she often wore to sleep, but at that moment when he had given it to her, neither would have ever imagined what would happen shortly after. How one simple movement would change everything for them. 

"This night, really?" Kinsey asked the wolf with a laugh, unable to hide her smile as she looked at him with a tilted head. Isaac turned his head, looking at the brunette with a smirk, one that she had missed seeing for this past week. 

"Oh, please. You loved this night." Isaac teased. Even inside of his subconscious mind he made a point of teasing her, reminding her of this night, how the two of them had begun. Because of her. Because the two of them had gotten so caught in a conversation that she eventually skooched to his side of the sofa, and then, in a moment of impulsivity, she had leaned into him. And the rest was history between them.