"thank you daddy.." i mumbled and turned around to kiss him.

he grabbed my neck pulling me closer to him and stuck his tongue in my mouth,"i love you.." he said against my lips.

"i love you more..and be safe." i mumbled and he nodded pulling away.

"i will baby, when i come back we can watch moana."

i've been having him watch all kinda disney movies.

"okay..." i said and he picked me up then hugged me tightly.

"zarekkkk..." i said as he carried me out his room.

"my phone." i said and he walked back to his room and grabbed it before walking back out.

"mom! he ready!" he yelled down the stairs then put me down.

"imma miss you.." i mumbled looking down.

"imma miss you too baby boy, you know that..." he said grabbing my chin and pecked my lips.

ꕥꕥꕥ

"my feet hurttt.." i said and ma'kiri smacked her lips.

"come on try these on then we can leave."  she said handing me a few shirts.

i went into the changing rooms and looked at each shirt, one of them was a graphic-t, another was a lace crop top, and a brown shirt that was off the shoulders and also cropped.

once i tried them all on, i came back to where she was waiting for me.

"they fit?" she asked making me nod my head.

"okay then we're buying." she said and i just shook my head.

we had been into different shops and ate and i pray this the last shop i'm ready to go.

i followed her to the register, once she paid she handed me the bag then we left the mall.

"you hungry?" she asked as she stopped at a red light.

"not right now.." i said getting on my phone.

-we just left the mall

zarek: okay baby what you get?

-just a few shirts and some pants

zarek: you can show me when i get back home

-okay🙂

zarek: i love you ma💛

-i love you more💛

"zarek must got you cheesing hard as fuck.." ma'kiri said and i smacked my lips making her laugh.

ꕥꕥꕥ

i was staring at the tv which was playing impractical jokers and had my thumb in my mouth, i was laying on the couch with my head in ma'kiri's lap while she oiled my scalp.

"boy don't ever let yo head get dry like this again.." she said separating my hair.

"i'll thy-" i said then took my thumb out my mouth.

"i'll try.." i said again and she nodded her head.

she started massaging my scalp,"ma'am i will fall asleep." i said and she laughed.

"you know you can call me mom, right?" she said and i looked up at her.

"you foreal?" i asked and she nodded her head.

"okay.." i focused my attention back on the tv.

"but i got some questions..." she said and i looked at her from my peripheral vision.

"okay so your childhood wasn't the best i heard?" she said and i nodded my head.

"wanna do an exercise?" she asked putting a bonnet over my head.

"i can.." i mumbled sitting up.

"okay now lay down straight on your back, face up to the ceiling and close your eyes." she instructed and that's what i did.

"okay now...i want you to go back to a childhood memory..try your best to remember it clearly..." she said and i felt her touch my face then grabbed my hand.

she also instructed me on how to breathe as i started drifting off..

i looked around and could see my mom and dad arguing.

"HE'S 8! you need to stop babying him!" she yelled at me dad.

"exactly he's 8...he's not even in his teen years yet, your the one being harsh on him for no reason- are you still...gimmie this shit i thought you was done!" he yelled grabbing a bottle of pills from her.

"can you tell me what's happening?" i heard ma'kiri ask.

"they're...they're arguing, and he's taking some kinda pills from her.." i mumbled shutting my eyes tighter.

"who??"

"my parents..."

"um..dad.." i said tapping his leg and he looked down at me.

"yes.." he looked down at me with tears in his eyes.

"can we go to pa-"

"no yo ass not going nowhere but to that damn room, too old for that bullshit go get on the game wit your brother." she said and i pouted and turned around before i felt something hard hit me making me fall.

i fell to the ground catching myself and felt tears in my eyes before i got kicked in my side,"stop acting like a fuckin spoiled cunt!" she yelled as the tears started coming down my face.

"amory hey, i'm right here in you wanna stop.." ma'kiri said and i shook my head.

"she's hurting me..." i mumbled more to myself.

"don't put yo hands on my fuckin son!" dad yelled and grabbed my mom pushing her away from me.

"i'm- im sorry.." i mumbled curling up into a ball.

"shhh..it's okay." he picked me up and sat me on the couch.

"stay in here until i get back okay??" he said and i nodded my head.

i could hear them arguing in the kitchen and things being thrown around, i pulled my knees up to my chest and started crying.

"amory...wake up..amory!!"

my eyes slowly opened and i saw ma'kiri staring down at me,"you okay??" she asked and i felt tears on my face.

"oh i was actually crying.." i mumbled wiping my face.

"okay listen to me.." she said handing me some tissue.

"you got age regression, it's just a way you cope wit things and start doing like child like behaviors.." she said rubbing my back and nodded my head wiping my face.

"wait no- how i'm suppose to tell zarek- "

"he already knows." she said and i scrunched up my face.

"he called me a few days ago cause he was worried about you, and i told him so he already knows." she said and i only nodded my head.

"now you know i'm here if you need anything okay?" she said getting up.

"thank you..." i said smiling and she nodded her head.

"no problem love."

(okay i'm seeing now this book might be a lil longer then intended🫠)