21

author's POV

withdrawals. the worst part.

it had been a few weeks since zarek had taken any drugs, they were still in his dresser but he hadn't touched them.

he moved the bathroom rug off the floor and laid down on the cold floor letting out a sigh of content as the coldness took over his body.

his body still shook as he laid on the ground and he felt the tears on his face, demon grabbed an ice pack from downstairs and a bottle of water.

she walked back to zarek's room and slowly opened the bathroom door.

she sat down on the floor beside him and placed the ice pack on his head,"zarek..." demon said as she got a tissue and wiped his nose.

"hey m-mama..." he said and smiled weakly.

demon sighed and felt his face, well he wasn't as hot as he was earlier.

ma'kiri was currently working and zakiya was at school, demon was able to talk to the teachers without any threats towards them...

and was able to have zarek's schoolwork brought home until he got better.

"did you do any work last night??" she asked moving the ice pack onto the side of his face.

zarek only shook his head no,"okay...at least try to do some before the weekend okay??" demon said snd he nodded his head.

"i-i'm sorr-" demon cut him off.

"shhh, it's okay before you even start apologizing zarek...i've seen this before i know how to handle and take care of you okay? just know we here...but it's also up to you if you really wanna stop." demon said and zarek only sniffled in response.

"do you want to go back to rehab??" demon asked now getting serious and zarek shook his head no.

"i think i can do it...i-if i fuck up again y'all can send me.." he said and grabbed the ice pack holding it himself.

demon sighed before zarek spoke again,"umm..if i tell you where everything is at...will you throw it away for me?"

demon nodded her head,"that's what you want??" she asked and zarek urgently nodded his head.

"i wanna get better foreal mama...i h-hate feeling like this.." zarek said before he started crying.

he slowly sat up and leaned his head back again the walk as the tears fell, demon grabbed a cold rag and wiped his face hoping it'd help cool and calm him down.

soon he started talking through the sobbing, saying every place he had hid the drugs.

ꕥꕥꕥ

zarek laid in bed and stared at the few crystals on his nightstand, amory had bought him a few.

ember, tiger's eye, and lapis lazuli.

"zarek.." zakiya said and slowly walked into his room.

he didn't move as she made way towards his bed,"umm...your teacher wanted me to give you this, and said it's also a version online." she said then placed a packet on his dresser.

"thank you..." zarek mumbled.

"your welcome bubba." zakiya said then walked back out his room.

zakiya knew it was gonna be times where zarek truly wanted to be alone, so that's what she did.

she went back into her room and started on her school work,"you good??" demon asked leaning against her doorframe.

"yeah...i'm just worried for him.." zakiya mumbled as she put her computer on the charger.