Thirty-Eight

Airon's POV

I woke up after realising that Nelle is no longer on my side, I just felt something soft and yet so light in my arm, while I was full covered with the blanket.

I immediately stand up sa pag aakala na baka ito ay kung saan pumunta, and I don't like the idea of her leaving me ever again.

I did not bother to fix my hair nor brush my teeth in a despair of looking for Nelle, I just literally stand up and wear the slipper under the bed, and rush into the kitchen, with having the thought of she might be there because of hunger or thirsty.

And I was right, hindi pa man ako tuluyang nakakababa ng hagdan ay nakita ko na itong hawak ang telepono nito habang papasok sa kusina. She's typing something at hindi nagtagal ay inilagay na lamang ito sa gilid ng lamesa at nagsimula ng tumingin ng mga sangkap.

That's where I realized she's going to cook our breakfast, I was about to go near her and help her when I suddenly stop.

I saw from this view how excited and happy she is while taking out the ingredients she's going to use. I even heard of her humming some songs I am not familiar with, while she's starting to wash all of the ingredients.

From where I stand, up until Xhaito and Ate Mildred and others started to join me to watch Nelle while she's busy cooking our breakfast. So busy na halatang hindi na nito namalayan na nagising na ang lahat, pero tahimik na nanunuod sa ginagawa niya.

"Dad I'm hungry na po"

I looked at my son who's now standing beside me and looking at his mother in the kitchen.

He looked at me with those eyes that made me smile. My son is indeed a handsome guy, he got his features mostly from me. Kaunti lang ang nakuha nito sa ina nito, but despite of Xhaito who looks exactly when I was a little, there's just really this feeling that I am looking at Nelle.

"Wait a little longer kiddo. Mommy is almost done"

"But why are you whispering dad?" he asked.

"I don't want to disturb your mom"

Tumango naman ito at muling binalik ang tingin kay Nelle na halos malapit ng matapos sa pagluluto.

We just stood there looking at her to do everything. I was actually loving the view from where I stand, when my son spoke again.

"Mommy is really beautiful, isn't she dad?"

I looked at him and saw him looking at me, waiting for my answer.

I bend down so I could get to face with my son and pat his head. He is really an observant person.

"Beautiful is not the right word son. She's a goddess"

Ngumiti ako pagkatapos at mas napangiti ng makita na ngumiti rin ang anak ko. Halatang nagustuhan nito ang sinabi ko.

"She really is dad. Marami pong ibang dad ng classmate ko ang lagi tinitingnan si mommy. Naaasar nga po ako daddy. The way they look at mom po kasi, its not a good thing to see"

Napangiti naman ako ng lihim dahil sa sinabi nito, mabuti at walang ibang nagugustuhan ang anak ko na ibang lalaki para kay Nelle ng panahon na wala pa ako.

But hearing him say those words na maraming tumitingin kay Nelle, nagpantig ang tenga ko. I don't like the idea of someone looking at my own priority. I will make sure it won't happen ever again.

"Tell it to me whenever you see someone looking at mommy or talking to her, alright?"

He nodded his head kaya naman napangiti ako.