Chapter Fifteen - Gemma

"you are a married woman," Maria giggles while hugging me tightly "he couldn't take his eyes off you, Gemma."

"Thanks for all your help," I reply.

Although it was a small affair, a not-so-small effort had to be put to pull it together.

I am glad it was quaint, and I am content we did it in Oscar's home, correction mansion, or maybe the correct term is a mega-mansion on the beach.

It is a beautiful house; I love the contradictions it has. Most of the areas that are open for everyone are white oak, modern furniture with a neat look, but as you go deeper into the home, you get surprised as you enter a room with hardwood and fluffy furniture, wrapping you with a warm feeling.

"oh .. don't even mention it... I would have done more if you let me" Maria smiles at me with her vibrant smile, and I see Matteo approaching us. I feel at peace that Maria has been promised to him. She will have safety and security, the most any woman born in our world can ask for. I know she wants love, and I am sure it will come; he does look like a man capable of love.

"Congratulations, Gemma," Matteo says respectfully while standing beside Maria.

"Thanks for allowing Antonio to give me away," I say, remembering that I have to thank Luca as well when I get a chance.

"I am sure Luca would have loved to stay longer but Elena was not feeling so well."

"I am sure he would have" Oscar's voice comes from behind me, and I am surprised at my own feeling of comfort for having him close.

"Again ... congratulations,"

"Thanks," Oscar replies while placing his palm on the lower part of my back.

"now excuse us, I need to get my wife to the dance floor," and he leads me away, not waiting to be excused.

"That was rude," I say the minute we are alone.

"well, brace yourself for the next part then," he winks and twirls me around.

"what are you planning to do next?" I chuckle; he can be so audacious

"We are ditching after this," he quips back

"We did not say goodbye to anyone, and we did not cut the cake yet," I protest, horrified, assuming he is not serious.

"why do we need to do that?" he asks earnestly.

"tradition," I enunciate, unsure if he is joking.

"I thought it is tradition for a woman to listen to her husband" he raises his eyebrow.

"It is, but only if he is reasonable" I squint at him, trying to understand him.

He pulls me closer. "I assure you he...he has been waiting all day ."

"everyone will have ideas if we leave like this," a tingle creeping up my body.

"I am sure they will, and we better deliver" he keeps his voice low as he takes my hand, leading me out of here and into his bedroom.

"I cannot believe we did that," I say as he closes the door and we are finally alone, "and no one said anything" I am lost in my thoughts of how this will look when Oscar does something that brings me into this moment; he takes my hand and kisses it softly.

"I don't mean to rush you, but I couldn't wait any longer," his voice hoarse.

"oh," I whisper

He chuckles and then backs away, giving me space to move into the room