𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈. CONTROVERSIAL

❝ PRETTY FACE ❞
September 3rd, 2021

REAL LIFE — THEO!

JACK MANIFOLD HAD TAKEN TUBBO out to film a vlog, leaving Theo and Ranboo alone at the house. Having just gotten off the phone with Techno — who really needed to fix his sleep schedule, in Theo's opinion, but he wasn't about to scold the cancer patient — Theo now was laying on the couch, his head in Ranboo's lap as the older boy scrolled through Twitter.

Theo yawned, looking up at Ranboo as he did. "I'm bored," he declared in an almost whiny voice, poking Ranboo's arm so the other boy was forced to look at him. Ranboo chuckled softly, glancing down at him.

"Alright. What do you want to do then?" he asked, amusement coating his tone.

Theo shrugged as best as he could in his current position. "'Dunno," he admitted. "You figure it out."

Ranboo scoffed lightly, shaking his head. "You're the one who's bored and I have to fix it?" he teased. Theo nodded. Ranboo sighed. "Alright. Uh, how about we make some cookies? Tubbo bought some chocolate chips last week and said he wants me to make him some anyway," Ranboo said.

"You're just trying to get out of working alone," Theo complained, sitting up anyway to go to the kitchen. "Come on then, I want cookies."

Ranboo chuckled, following him into the kitchen without complaint.

Theo went to the pantry, taking out the sugars, flour, chocolate chips, and any other supplies they would need as Ranboo looked up a simple recipe for the cookies on his phone. Thankfully, Tubbo had a mixer in his kitchen for when he decided to do cooking streams, so neither of them had to throw their arms out to mix the dough.

"What's the difference between all-purpose flour and flour?" Ranboo asked.

Theo lit up. "OH! I know this one! Okay, so, regular flour and all-purpose flour are basically just different names for the same thing. Flour is the name used in the UK, while all-purpose flour is commonly said in the US. The difference is that they are milled from different types of wheat which makes UK plain flour less suitable for making bread," Theo explained, bouncing from the tips of his toes to his heels excitedly. "When I was still in school I was taking a culinary elective and that was one of our test questions," he said at Ranboo's dumbfounded look.

Ranboo smiled at him softly. "Well, luckily we're making cookies, not bread."

Theo shrugged. "I know how to make bread rolls, actually, they're so good when they're fresh from the oven. I'll make you some when we get back to the States since apparently, we have better flour over there."

"Don't let Tubbo hear you say that," Ranboo teased.

Theo snorted. "That bitch? I could take him."

Somehow, Ranboo didn't doubt that.

"Okay, it says we have to do the eggs and sugars before we add the flour, salt, and other things," Ranboo said, setting his phone up so they could both look over the recipe when needed. 

"We need to do mise en place," Theo said. Ranboo blinked at him owlishly, looking extremely confused.

"Was that French?"

Theo shrugged. "I don't know. It basically means we have to get everything set up before we start cooking, like get everything measured and ready to mix." Ranboo nodded in understanding. "I learned that in culinary too."