26| Not the girl I once was

Start from the beginning

'Good luck with that.' He replied. I couldn't tell if he was content with my response or dissatisfied.

"Got to go, Leonardo. Call me tonight at nine." I said and shut down the phone. The footsteps finally stopped at the door and someone knocked then entered.

"Good evening ma'am. I'm Giana and here to help you get ready for dinner with the boss." She smiled. The dresses which hung on the rack looked very sexy but were only in black and red.

"Is everything only in those colors?" I raised an eyebrow. I noticed that their outfits were also in black.

"Yes ma'am." I am sick and tired of being called ma'am. It made me feel very uncomfortable but anything I say won't make a difference."You can go ahead and pick any one of those and a shoe to match it." She added. "Jewelry is in this box and makeup in this one." One dress caught my attention. It was a long black dress with a high slit with one long sleeve.

"This would fit perfectly and I'll have these shoes."

"I bet it would." She replied. She was way nicer than the first woman. "Someone will be up to look after Rosa so no need to worry. I'll be back at five fifty to get you." Rosa won't be going. She'd been sleeping and Giana didn't want to wake her up. The palm of my hands were sweaty as I started getting dressed. What did Giovanni want to discuss at the dinner table? I put on some jewelry and a little bit of lip gloss. Why did it matter how I presented myself? It's not like he hasn't seen me without makeup. "Are you done?" Giana knocked as I quickly put on the heels.

"I'll be out." I called out to her. I slowly opened the door and was nervous all over again. The other maids who worked on the floor where I stood, whispered among themselves. We made our way down the staircase and down the hallway, entering a massive dining room where a variety of foods were on the table almost like a thanksgiving dinner table. I spotted Giovanni on the far end looking at his phone.

The SOB didn't even realize that I walked in. Giana pulled my chair out and nodded before leaving.
"Looking beautiful as always babe." He looked up. He didn't even see my full body, this man. I stared blankly at him. "You know why we're having this dinner alone? Do you?" He questioned. Again no expression from me. "Irina open this fucking mouth of yours and say something." He scolded.

What the fuck? No way he did not.

"Watch how you fucking speak to me. I'm not the soft woman you used a year ago Giovanni." I shrugged. I couldn't give two fucks how I spoke to him, he will learn to accept it. He rubbed his temples as if agreeing to what I said to him.

"Irina, just listen for once." He scoffed. The waiter then came in to pour wine into our glasses. "You realize we're not in the same location right?" He asked. I helped myself to some sfogliatelle and looked up at him.

"Yes and why is that?" I took a bite of the fine pastry.

"So that I would be closer to you." He casually sipped his wine. "I've been watching your every move, dolcezza. Don't think I would not look out for what is mine." There it is again, him calling me his.

"I'm not yours." I said coldly. "You need to stop saying that and respect me."

"What I did was wrong. I shouldn't have let you go after I found out Alexander was alive." He suddenly coughed like he didn't mean to say that.

"You knew he was alive and you kept it away from me Gonzalez." I surprisingly laughed. This bastard. "We promised no more secrets but clearly your fucking pretty brain didn't comprehend that."

"Irina, I waited for the right time to let you know but everything was going perfect and I didn't want to spoil this for you." He pleaded.

"Spoil what Giovanni?" I lashed at him. "What is more important than me staying alive, I should have picked that gun up that night and end your fucking life."