Chapter nine

3rd Pov

After all the students had gotten their equipment they all heading to the location that Glynda said to met at. Neo and Kiryu followed close behind to see where they where going. After a little walk they arrived at the Beacon Cliff, overlooking a forest standing in front of them  was Professor Ozpin  who was drinking his coffee and Glynda with her tablet.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest." Ozpin said

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today." Glynda said

"What? Ohhh..." Ruby said

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well." Ozpin said while Ruby groaned.

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years." Ozpin said while Kiryu folded his arms

"Whaaaat?!" Ruby said with a shock expression.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die. Ozpin said while  Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly.

"Good I like a challenge to get the blood flowing." Kiryu said.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?" Ozpin asked while Jaune raised his hand.

"Nope I'm game are you Neo?" Kiryu asked

"I'm ready master." Neo replied

"Yeah, um, sir?" Jaune asked

"Good! Now, take your positions." Ozpin said while everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, and Jaune is still raising his hand while Kiryu and Neo was standing on two of the tiles.

"Uh, sir? I've got, um... a question. So, this landing... strategy thing... Uh, wha-what is it? You're, like, dropping us off or something?" Jaune asked

"No. You will be falling." Ozpin replied

"Oh, uh, I see... So, like, did you hand out parachutes for us?" Jaune asked

"No. You will be using your own "landing strategy."" Ozpin replied before he was flung into the air. The last two people to get hulled into the air was Kiryu and Neo who both had smiles on their faces.

"You know those last two I have mix feeling about. They said they where here to observe but they taking apart of this." Glynda said.

"That doesn't mean they can have fun along the way while they observe watching would be dull otherwise." Ozpin said looking at the falling students.

"Perhaps your right." Glynda said

Kiryu Pov

After I was sent flying I looked down at the trees below and saw how they where getting  bigger the closer I got. I used the force to blasted some trees down and to slow my descent  before I landed on the ground.