"Go clean up, My Sweet, and rest. Tonight, we will secure your place in my Kingdom. The next time one of them take you from me, it will be treason. It will be the kidnapping of a Queen."

       He stroked my hand with his thumb as he spoke, like the words should be comforting. But after being taken from my Mate and learning this new information, that bold and angry fire within me only grew.

       I felt certain of my identity.

       My eyes met the King's, "You've already kidnapped a Queen."

       He held my eyes for a moment in a heated stare. After a pause, he scoffed lightly before waving his hand in the air. "Guards." He called.

They responded like cattle, coming when called. A group of tall armored men entered through the massive doors. I kept my hot glare on Speerburn as they stomped forward.

       He did the same, matching my stare.

       "Take my little Dove to her room. Have her prepared for tonight's ceremony at once." His voice came out emotionless.

        "Yes, King." One of them uttered and came to stand by me.

Speeburn circled me with a lazy smile and sharp eyes, like he was observing a new toy. His steps angered me, how he leisurely walked, so sure of himself and confident.

         A rough and dry hand brushed against my cheek, "Tonight, I will bond you to me forever. I will make you my Queen, and you'll remain by my side until our end."

        My heart thumped in my chest. For perhaps the first time in my life, I stared at the person before me with as much hate as I could muster up within myself.

       "If I should stay by your side until my end, then I'll spend every second fighting against you. I won't be quiet and I won't rest."

       He only smiled down at me.

His prolonged silent smile fueled my fire, and I fought to urge to kick the man where it'd hurt most.

Finally, he spoke.

"You're confused and upset. This will take time." His hand grazed my chin before falling to his side. "But it would be wise for you to cooperate. I would truly hate to have to hurt Alexander."

The defiant look in my eyes only intensified.

Of course he'd use my brother against me.

He probably plans to keep Alexander in the cells forever, as a continuous piece of blackmail to enforce my cooperation.

      The King nodded at his men, who quickly surrounded me, lightly nudging me forward. "This way, Miss Cross." One spoke.

       I tore my hate-filled eyes from Speerburn, and followed the men to the door. More Guards made room for us the walk out of the Royal Office, and then joined our sides. We walked in a cluster down the hall, armored men on every side of me.

I kept my eyes forward, not bothering to make nice with my new babysitters.

Instead, I tried to wrap my mind around what had just unfolded.