What an idea, Ronald

Hermione would be OOC in this chapter.
***************************************************

The book glowed blue as Professor Flitwick tapped his wand, twice, against it. A melodious, feminine voice echoed around the hall, as it said, "The Whomping Willow."

The Marauders exchanged secret glances with each other and then looked at the High Table as if nothing had happened.

The end of the summer vacation came too quickly for the twins' liking. Hermione was looking forward to getting back to Hogwarts, but her month at the Burrow had been the happiest of her life.

It was difficult not to feel jealous of Ron when she thought of the Dursleys and the sort of welcome she could expect next time she and Harry turned up on Privet Drive.

"It would be a grand welcome for sure," Remus said sarcastically.

"We don't even know if they will be welcomed or not," Lily pointed out.

"There's that too," Remus sighed.

On their last evening, Mrs Weasley conjured up a sumptuous dinner that included all of Harry's and Hermione's favourite things, ending with a mouth-watering treacle pudding. Fred and George rounded off the evening with a display of Filibuster fireworks; they filled the kitchen with red and blue stars that bounced from ceiling to wall for at least half an hour.

"Hmmm," James rubbed his chin thoughtfully, "it's good." He commented.

"But?" Sirius prompted, raising an eyebrow.

"It's lacking the trademark Weasley mischievousness," James said.

"You can't have that when in front of your mother," Peter chuckled.

"Point," James and Sirius chuckled, looking at Euphemia out of the corner of their eyes.

Then it was time for the last mug of hot chocolate and bed.

Hermione trudged up to her room- Ginny's room read the letter from Cassiopeia ("Let's meet at the King's Cross at 10:30. We can board together!") and with a "Good night" to Ginny, she landed on her bed and fell asleep soon.

"Wish sleep could come this fast to us," a Ravenclaw said in a wistful voice. "Sleep comes to me after two and a half hours, sometimes three, of laying on the bed."

"What do you do in that time?" A curious Hufflepuff asked.

"Contemplate my life decisions and some of the very much relevant theories regarding philosophy." The Ravenclaw replied in a monotonous voice. "Sometimes, I think about the novel I have read and imagine different scenarios."

The Hufflepuff, and almost all the people in the Hall, blinked owlishly. "You have a very sound mind," Narcissa commented.

"I thought I was the only one to do that," a Slytherin muttered under his breath.

"Thank you," the Ravenclaw replied to Narcissa, curtly, not hearing the other Slytherin.

It took a long while to get started the next morning. They were up at dawn, but somehow they still seemed to have a great deal to do. Mrs Weasley dashed about in a bad mood looking for spare socks and quills; people kept colliding on the stairs, half-dressed with bits of toast in their hands; and Mr Weasley nearly broke his neck, tripping over a stray chicken as he crossed the yard carrying Ginny's trunk to the car.

"You should be careful, Arthur." Molly admonished in a kind voice.

"I didn't break my neck, Molly." Arthur smiled lovingly at his wife.