The second book

As usual, bold letters are from the books!

I am so excited to start the second book.

Warning: This chapter contains crying Slytherins and sadistic and gasping for air Gryffindors.
———————————————————————————
It was after right thirty minutes that Albus Dumbledore picked out the second book and passed it to the students, who reluctantly passed it to Regulus, the last one to read the book.

Regulus glances between the two pairs of puppy dog eyes that his friends were making and have it to Barty, his respect for elders kicking in.

"The Worst Birthday Ever," Barty read. In a whisper, he added, "All birthdays are worst. I don't get presents and my friends rob my allowance begging for party."

"Blacks don't beg," Regulus stated, sniffing haughtily.

"Yes, yes, your lowly highness," Rosier grinned, and high-fived Barty, ignoring the glowering Regulus.

"If you all have stopped doing your rubbish," Severus snapped, "We would like to hear what happens in the next book."

Barty started reading, but not before sticking out his tongue at the future Potions Professor.

Not for the first time, an argument had broken out over breakfast at number four, Privet Drive. Mr Vernon Dursley had been woken in the early hours of the morning by a loud, hooting noise from Harry's and Hermione's room.

"Third time this week!" he roared across the table. "If you can't control that owl, it'll have to go!"

"With letters," Marlene added cheekily.

Harry tried, yet again, to explain. "She's bored," he said. "She's used to flying around outside. If I could just let her out at night -"

"Do I look stupid?" snarled Uncle Vernon, a bit of fried egg dangling from his bushy mustache.

Narcissa and Andromeda made a disgusted face at the description.

"No," Lily answered her future brother-in-law's question. "You are more stupid than you look. Hates magic, seriously." She grumbled the last sentence in disdain.

"I know what'll happen if that owl's let out."

"She attacks you?" Peter suggested. "Hopefully," he added.

He exchanged dark looks with his wife, Petunia. Harry tried to argue back but his words were drowned by a long, loud belch from the Dursleys' son, Dudley. Hermione made a face at this, disgusted, and scooted closer to Harry, away from her disgusting cousin.

"I know how she feels," James said.

"I want more bacon."

"There's more in the frying pan, sweetums," said Aunt Petunia, turning misty eyes on her massive son. "We must build you up while we've got the chance .... I don't like the sound of that school food......"

"Nonsense, Petunia, I never went hungry when I was at Smeltings," said Uncle Vernon heartily. "Dudley gets enough, don't you, son?"

Dudley, who was so large his bottom drooped over either side of the kitchen chair,

"He gets more than enough," Alice commented.

grinned and turned to Hermione, who was sitting beside him.

"He's going to cause trouble," Remus said, his voice sure.