Letters from no one

Bold italic letters are from the book
Italics are reactions.

"Guys, I have an idea." Peter whispered.
"What?" Sirius asked
"As the letter said that we can't do anything right now. It means that-" he trailed off.
"We could do something later." Remus finished for him.
"Well done Wormy!!" James clapped him on the back. "We could prank the Dursley's after all of this." The marauders smirked at each other, all thinking about some pranks for Dursley family.

Arthur cleared his throat and started reading then next chapter. "Letters from no one."

The boa constrictor release punishment was the longest one ever. The summer holidays had started and the school was closed. But it didn't mean that Harry and Hermione were safe. There was no escaping Dudley's gang.

"Do you think his friends would be as dumb as him?" A boy chuckled to his friend.

"Seems like it." His friend chuckled back.

His friends came home every day and played their favourite game: Potter hunting.

"Potter hunting? Why do I have a bad feeling about this?" Remus said biting his nails.

The twins, for the first time in their life, were eager for school to re-open. As they wouldn't be with Dudley. Dudley and his friends were going to Uncle Vernon's old private school, Smeltings.

"Sounds smelly." Barty Crouch chuckled.

Harry and Hermione on the other hand were going to Stonewall high, the local public school.

"They stuff people's head down the toilet the first day at Stonewall," Dudley told them. "Wanna come upstairs and practice?"

"No thanks," Harry said."The poor toilet has never had anything as horrible your head down it. It might be sick" and they both ran away before Dudley could work out what Harry had said.

The marauders and Potters looked proud while the others had amused smile on their faces.

The next morning, while Hermione was serving breakfast, the click of the mail box alerted the arrival of mails.
"Get the mail, Dudley." Uncle Vernon said from behind his paper.
"Make Harry get it."
"Get the mail, Harry."
"Make Dudley get it."
"Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley."
Harry dodged the Smelting stick and went to get the mail. He picked up the four letters. One from Aunt Marge, Uncle Vernon's sister, electricity bill and.... A letter for Harry and Hermione?
Never in their life Harry and Hermione received a letter. Who would write to them? They had no one except for each other.

Lilly's heart gave a pang and she promised to herself that after reading those books she would do something to change the future.

The letters were thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and the addresses were written in emerald green ink. There was no stamp. Instead, he saw a purple wax seal bearing a coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger and a snake surrounding a large letter H.

Everyone smiled wistfully, recognising the Hogwarts letter and remembering the time they received it.

He turned around the first letter.
Mr. H. Potter
The Cupboard under the stairs

"You knew" yelled a red faced James. "The address. You knew how those people treated them, you knew where they kept them. You knew all of it. Yet you didn't do anything."

Dumbledore took a deep breath. "The quills that write the letters are charmed. The staff doesn't write or checks the letters. But from now on, we will start checking the letters."

James still looked dissatisfied but begrudgingly sat down.

4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surrey

He went inside, gave the bill and postcard to Uncle Vernon and sat down heavily beside Hermione. Hermione looked at him curiously. He shrugged and handed the one addressed to her. The twins were on the point of unfolding their letter, when it was jerked sharply out of their hand by Uncle Vernon.

Sirius cursed under his breath.

"That's ours." They said standing at the same time, trying to snatch it back. These were the moments where one could sat that they were twins. Harry and Hermione looked nothing like each other. Harry had black hair and bright green eyes, which were always covered by a pair of round glasses. While Hermione had bushy dark brown hair,hazel eyes and her front two teeth were too big for her mouth.

Lilly groaned. "I had them too. I was ridiculed by other kids for having large teeth." she said when the others looked at her quizically.

The only things that was same were their noses, lips and a lightning bolt scar on their foreheads.

"Who would be writing to you both?" Vernon spat.

"Where are we?" Euphemia asked her husband. "What about Sirius and Remus. One of us could have raised them."

"I wish I knew." Fleamont said patting her hand.

Vernon glanced at the letter. His face went from red to green faster than a traffic light.

"Wish the traffic lights changed colours as fast as his face." Ted said with a I-wish-this-could-happen expression on his face. Others, who knew what he was talking about, agreed.

"We want to read that letter," Harry said loudly.
"We want to read it , as it's ours." Hermione said furiously.
"Get out. Both of you" Vernon croaked. When the twins didn't move, he took them by the scruff of their necks and started marching towards their room.
The shouts of "let us go" and "leave us" were left unheard.

Harry and Hermione were given Dudley's second room in which his all the toys were stored. How? They don't know. The room consisted of a broken TV set, a parrot's cage, a bent air rifle and to Hermione's delight, a bookshelf.

"She sounds like Moony here." Sirius chuckled, looking in the direction of the said boy.
"Lilly likes to read too, Black." Marlene told him.
"I just don't know how people could do boring stuff like reading." Sirius said. If looks could kill, Sirius would have been thousand feet under the ground by the glares he was receiving from book lovers.

It was a Sunday and Uncle Vernon was ecstatic. "No posts on Sundays," Vernon reminded them cheerfully on the breakfast table, "no damn letters today." Hermione sighed, it doesn't even matter if they came or not, at last he is only going to burn them.

"He what?" Hagrid shouted. The hall shook from his shout. "How..how could he burn the Hogwarts letter. He can't do this."

Seems like Uncle Vernon spoke too early, as something came whizzing down the kitchen chimney and hit him at the back of his head. Next moment, hundreds of letters came pelting out of the fireplace like a bullet, the Dursley family ducked while Harry and Hermione leapt into the air trying to catch one.

"They could also pick up the letters from the floor." Remus muttered.
"They won't be in Ravenclaw for sure." Peter said. "If they ever went to Hogwarts." He added.

"Who next?" Arthur asked after drinking a glass of water. Several people raised their hands. After thinking for a while, he passed the book to Andromeda.

A/N:- Hope you liked it. Special thanks to everyone who added this fic in their library or reading lists. Vote and comment. Next chapter would be updated within a week. Thank you!! See you soon!!