The vanishing glass

Thank you @Addiepad102 and piepie128 for voting. Love you!!

Bold itallic letters are from the book.
Itallic letters are the listeners reactions.

"Shall we?" McGonagall asked. Despite being emotionally drained everyone nodded and McGonagall started reading.

It had been 10 years since that horrible night. Ten years since a giant brought two children to Number Four Privet Drive. Ten years since an old man with hair and beard as white as stars, also known as Dumbledore, left those children in front of the house with a letter. And ten years since Petunia Dursley

"No" Lilly shouted. "You can't leave them with her. Petunia hates magic and everything to do with it." She continued frantically.

"There must have been a reason behind it." Dumbledore said.

Lilly still didnt look convinced.

found Harry and Hermione at the doorstep of her home.

"Get up! Now!" A shrill voice screeched from outside the door.

Harry Potter woke with a start as his sister kicked him out of the bed.

"Why are they still with her?" Remus wondered after some times. "Shouldn't they be with your parents or me or Sirius?"

James thought about it for a second then shook his head. "I don't know Moony."

"Are you up yet?" Petunia's shrill voice continued.

"Yes Aunt Petunia." Harry replied.

"Good. Change your clothes, then come out." She said and then walked away.

Harry groaned then glared at his still sleeping sister. This was fifth time she had kicked him and he had to get his revenge. A mischievous grin indicated that whatever his revenge was, it was dangerous for the girl sleeping peacefully.

"What do you think he would do?" A curious Hufflepuff asked his friend. His friend shrugged saying that he too doesn't know about it.

He searched for his weapon. "Ah! Found it!" Harry slowly dropped his weapon on her nose. '1...2...3...Now.'

Hermione's eyes flew open. Coughing she threw away the pair of disgusting smelly socks away.

"Socks? Well done Harry." Fleamont said in between his laughs.

"Guess he has some marauder inside him, eh James?" James who was sitting beside Lilly looked at Sirius.

"Of course he would be a marauder. He is my son." He looked offended.

She glared at her laughing brother. "Harry Potter. You are dead." She said in a dangerously calm tone. The amusement in Harry's face replaced fear.

"I can explain Hermione." Harry said, his voice shaking with fear.

"What is there to explain Harry." Hermione replied, her hands on her hips and her eyes blazing with anger.

Arthur chuckled. "Molly is also like this when she is angry." The said woman glared at him.

It seemed like fate didn't want Harry to die today as his Aunt Petunia came back and ordered them to come outside and help her because it's her Duddykins birthday today.