29) Almost lover

Nash's pov-

Another week passes and Bria is still in a coma. The days feel like they're getting longer and sadder. I still never opened the letter that she wrote.

Maybe I should to see what she had has to say. I get the envelope and I just stare at it for a minute. I turn it over to the side where you would take take out the letter.

My heart starts to face and my eyes start to tear up. The thought of Bria being so upset to a point where she only had one choice really hurt.

I carefully opened the envelope and took a deep breathe. I pulled the piece of paper out and put the envelope aside.

The letter read: "Dear Nash, Jack, Jack, Hayes, Cameron, Shawn, Aaron, Matt, and Taylor,

Thank you all so much for being there for me a supporting me through tough times. I really appreciate all that you guys have done and do for me.

This isn't my goodbye letter because I was never really good at goodbyes. But when ever you miss me just look up at the sky and say hi.

I will guard all of you and make sure you don't do anything stupid ( mostly everyone but Shawn and Aaron) and make sure you don't make any bad decisions due to me committing.

I also want you all to know that I made this choice not because any of you but for all of you. Life is better off without me here. I made my mark in this earth and so will you guys!

You have so many people who support you and love you, and I didn't. That's why I wanted to go. I don't want you guys to feel pity for me because I HATE that.

I love each and everyone of you guys and I made letter for all of you. You have to find them though.

Sincerely Bria Grier"

I basically cried and choked up. Even in her letters Bria is funny and serious at the same time.

I had to look for the other letters but of course Bria would hide them, which means they are really well hidden.

I called up the boys and asked them to come over asap. They all said they would be here as fast as the could get here.

I anxiously waited for them and it felt like forever. Finally Jack G showed up with Jack J and Shawn. I let them in and just handed them the letter.

"What's this?" Jack J says and I say "just read it." Soon they start tearing up. Cameron and the rest came not to long after.

I gave them the letter and told them the same thing I told the others. The started reading and reacted the same.

"We need to find the letters!" I say and everyone agrees. So we split up and search every inch of the house then meet back up.

"Any luck cause' we found zip" Aaron says and everyone says "yea same." "She his them good" Taylor says and everyone agrees.

I try to think where she would put them. Think Nash, think. "What's her favorite place?" I ask aloud and everyone starts thinking. "She likes the library" Shawn says and tell him I agree but I don't think she would put them there, but then I reconsider it.

"Maybe she would on second thought because she was weird like that." We all rush out side and into cars. We head to the library and run in.

"Look for your favorite book. If you told Bria what it was then she most likely put it in the book" I say and we all head towards different sections.

I look for my favorite book but it wasn't there so I go to the librarian.

"Excuse me, Do you know who took out The last time we say goodbye?" The lady types it into the computer and says "Bria Grier took it out about a month ago to keep. Sorry sir"

Of course she would! I look for the guys and tell them Bria took out all of our books and hide them somewhere else.

"She most likely hid them in a place special to her shared with us" I say and the brains start turning.

Our first memory was in the hospital I guess. SHE MIGHT HAVE PUT IT THERE! I decided on going the next day because it was getting late and this is to much excitement for one day.

Jack G's pov-

I went home and just lay in my bed staring at the ceiling. I wonder what place Was special to Bria that we shared.

Then I get it! THE PARK! She loved hanging out there. Eager to read what she has to say about me I jump out of bed and throw on a sweatshirt.

I drive to the park and start searching for my favorite book, Paper Towns. I know it's kinda a secret side to me.

I look under benches and in plants but nothing. I think back to the first day we met. All of the guys followed her to the park. She was by the playground!

I race to the playground and go to the steps. To my surprise the book was there! I quickly grabbed it and sprinted back to my car.

I went home and ran to my room. I shut my door and opened the book looking for the letter.

I turn to my favorite page in the book and there lies the letter. Her neat handwriting says "To my one and only Jack Gilinsky." I open it and pull out the letter.

My heart feels like it's beating out of my chest. I slowly unfold the letter and take a deep breath.

The letter read: Dear best friend and lover,

I love you so much. I didn't do this to make you hurt. I did this to benefit you. You say you like me but it just doesn't click in my mind.

You will find someone better and prettier than me (because it's not that hard) Please don't think I did this because of you.

I have being in depression since tenth grade and you actually made me happy and rethink how I viewed life.

I'm not just writing that because this is a letter to you, I genuinely mean it.

You are my almost lover, my luckless romance, but most importantly my best friend.

I would have committed way earlier if I hadn't met you. Again I'm not just writing that to make you feel special.

I am truly and deeply in love with this boy named Jack Gilinsky. Oh wait that's you! Oh man I just told my crush I loved him, I'm so stupid sometimes.

So goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless romance. I will always have you near and I'll save you a spot in haven next to me.

Maybe up their we can continue dating if you still "love" me. Don't be afraid to date other people I think it will be good for you.

Sincerely your almost lover Bria Grier" and just like that it was over.

I just wish I could hear her talk, laugh, and just be here. I put my head in my hands and start to cry.

I fucking love her and she's gone. Life is going to get harder and harder each day without her