Josh watched her play trying to keep his heart rate lower. Her dimple shown through as she sang and he could feel his chest tighten. When Emmie began to sing along with her he watched Sam's expression mirror his. Josh was undone taking in all things Luanne. 

And you're singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning
And your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go, where you gonna go
Where you gonna sleep tonight?

Sam listened to Em's voice combine with Luanne's feeling the world grow still. Her haunting voice made him feel weak and in need of more alcohol. However, he didn't get the chance as the blonde took his hand pulling him up to dance while Luanne continued strumming along.  

So you're heading down the road in your taxi for four
And you're waiting outside Jimmy's front door
But nobody's in, and nobody's home till four
So you're sitting there with nothing to do
Talking about Robert Riger and his motley crew
And where you gonna go and where you gonna sleep tonight

Luanne looked up to see Jake and Danny bobbing their drunken heads to the music. When she saw Josh offering Mickey a dance she was delighted to see her friend accept it. Now one could only assume that it was the alcohol allowing Mickey to say yes to a dance with the curly headed boy. But progress was progress in Luanne's eyes. As the two danced Josh repeatedly blew kisses to Luanne making Mickey cackle. 

And you're singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning
And your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go, where you gonna go
Where you gonna sleep tonight?

And you're singing the songs
Thinking this is the life
And you wake up in the morning
And your head feels twice the size
Where you gonna go, where you gonna go
Where you gonna sleep tonight?

By the end Jake had begun to strum with her and Danny sang along watching the others dance. There was no lack of joy in the group tonight. Not a single one of them was anxiously worried about the future or paranoid of how things would end. Just drunken young adults playing and dancing their little hearts out. 

The fire was dying out as the group began to splinter off toward bed. Josh and Luanne giggly made their way toward their tent when they heard voices from the tent beside theirs. Ducking down through the flap the two listened carefully to the conversation opposite them. 

"Come with me." Sam blurted out staring at Emmie as she dropped the cigarette she was attempting to light.

Em's eyes were wide and full of pain as she looked up at him. He asked the one question that she never wanted to hear. The grin that normally appeared across his face was now pleading and worrisome. 

"Don't do this tonight. Please. I am far too drunk and we both know the answer." Emmie searched for what she had dropped when Sam grabbed her wrist his eyes now watering.

"Come with me. Don't leave." Sam's voice raised an octave staring back at Em who froze in place. 

Josh glanced at Luanne seeing her shocked expression. As they both leaned away from the tent wall he could see her mind busy at work processing what they heard. Josh wanted to kill Sam then. After the conversation they had yesterday things seemed fine. Why would he attempt to ruin everything for the girl. Luanne was going to take it all on as her problem because that what she did. 

Luanne's mind was at work. Emmeline had dreamed of being an actress since they were kids. Would she give it up? If she gave it up, Luanne would look like an idiot to the producer. She would be a horrible friend if she tried to force Emmie to stay. 

"Luanne, they are drunk. As are we. Don't stress yourself over things you cannot control. Everything is going to work out." Josh rubbed her back before pulling her into his lap leaning back on the many blankets. 

Josh was right. What happened in El Paso between the younger pair worked out. By morning they would forget the whole thing had happened and everything would be fine. Leaning into Josh she could smell the mix of alcohol and cologne. 

"You know what we could do to destress?" Luanne looked up with those big eyes and Josh was ten steps ahead of her suddenly crashing his lips into hers. 

Jake and Mickey knew what Josh and Luanne would be doing and carefully walked the long way to their separate tents. As Jake stopped in front of Mickey's tent he took in her appearance as he always did. Her lopsided grin matched his and her cheeks flushed from the dancing and drinking. She looked beautiful. 

"Jake, how come you don't make a move?" Mickey mumbled attempting to pull on the zipper of her tent. 

Jake moved forward to help her pull down the the zipper when her words rang though his ears. Why didn't he make a move? He had nothing to lose. If she didn't like it, he wouldn't see her after 4 more days. Turning his head toward her then those dark eyes she had penetrated his mind. As if on autopilot he grabbed each side of her face then bringing her toward him not caring if anyone saw them. 

Mickey was surprised at her comment but she couldn't stop thinking about how happy Josh and Luanne always were. They never cared what anyone thought of them and only cared that the other was happy. Maybe that thought is what made her kiss Jake back and invite him to stay the night with her.