the boy next door

Start from the beginning

"i'm sorry you had to go through that."

"it's all good," she gave a reassuring smile and waved me off, "everythings good now. i have some cool ass friends- you and peter, by the way- and one fine ass girlfriend." she laughed and shook her head.

"im cool with airing some people out." she smirked and cracked her knuckles, "you let me know i'll be there faster than that one home alone pizza driver."

"thanks, eli."

"no problem. also, if you meet up with captain america, you let me know. i wanna take a selfie with him!"

"you like him or something?" i chuckled.

"hell yeah. steve was my favorite avenger, but sam, well sam is cool too. representation to people of color is important to me." i nodded along with her, "also his suit is so fuckin' sick!"

"oh, my god. i complimented his suit when i was with him." we were both giggling like school girls gossiping.

"all right, i gotta go see pepper and morgan." she nodded and gave me a handshake. i did a peace sign before leaving her apartment, getting lucky, then making my way to peppers cabin.

i had called happy to meet me at peppers cabin, told him it was urgent. as i was about to start my car a knock was heard on the window.

lucky and i were both startled and we jumped. my eyes were wide and my heart was racing but when i turned to my left...

"hey, it's me, eli! i'm coming with." she smiled widely and i nodded, "i came packing." she lifted her shirt up slightly to show the two guns on her waist band.

"so did i."

when we arrived pepper opened the door for us happy was sat on the couch with morgan on his lap eating cheese burgers.

"hey, little stark." the brown haired girl looked at me with wide eyes and jumped off happys lap.

"alex! you're here!" she completely forgot about the burger and hugged my leg, "there's a dog! mommy look alex brought a dog!"

"i hope you don't mind. i can put him outside if-" "it's okay." pepper waved me off with a smile.

"what's his name?" morgan asked as she pets him.

"lucky the pizza dog." i reply and watch as her smile gets wider

"morgan, honey, why don't you go play with lucky downstairs?" morgan happily nodded and took his leash from my hands.

"uh, this is my friend eli." eli smiled widely and pushed me aside making me stumble slightly.

"it's a pleasure to meet you, miss stark." they shook hands and pepper smiled politely.

"what was so urgent?" happy asked, stepping next to the counter. before i could respond there was a giant clanking sound and the ground shook slightly.

"oh, rhodes! you're back!" the man stepped out of his armor and waved at everyone.

i cleared my throat and handed them the orange folder, "someone has targeted you guys, me and kate, and possibly everyone i know."

"that's why i came here," i flipped the photo over showing her the words written on the back. the blonde released a frown and tears formed in her eyes, "you need protection. guards everywhere, security cameras, anything."

"do you know who sent this?" rhodey asked, observing the photos.

"we don't know. it was on my doormat earlier and i brought it to alex. i have guys already working on helping me find 'em." eli replied.

"okay, i'll get guards all around here." happy stated.

"alex... if there's someone going after you and kate...let me send security. please?"

"we'll be okay. we can protect ourselves."

"are you sure?" she double checked and i nodded, "we'll be fine."

"okay," she nodded, "stay safe, okay?"

"you've got it." she called morgan up and she came running in with lucky.

"hi boy. you ready to go?"i used a baby voice and he barked. i smiled and wrapped the leash around my hand.

when i opened the door i immediately regretted it. bullets sprayed everywhere.

"eli, morgan!" i yelled out to the woman. she immediately tackled the little girl to the floor using her body as a shield.

 she immediately tackled the little girl to the floor using her body as a shield