black widow assassin

"uh, kate, i asked you to simply retrieve my arrows, not a stage play. and alex where the hell did you get guns from?"

"uh.. we're a guild." the woman's voice cut in. rolling my eyes i respond to him, "i called in a favor from pepper."

his mouth opened and closed not knowing how to respond before he pulled out his phone. "okay. i gotta go."

"we gotta go. we're in this together right?" kate asks confused pointing between the two of us as i nod.

"you're gonna have to change."

"hawkeye." a short haired woman came in with a bag, "arrow retrieval mission complete."

"oh, yes. thank you very much. appreciate it."  he reached for the bag attempting to pull it but the woman didn't let her grip go.

"this is my bag."

"okay." he mumbled confused.

"you didn't bring your own bag?"

"no i mean..."

"my wife gave me this bag. it's embroidered. it says 'bombshell'."

"i-i can see that, that it's very important to you."

"he'll get it back to you." kate commented while i nodded.

"yeah, i'll make sure of it." i pitch in while he reached again, "i promise."

"right okay."

"thank you, ma'am." i salute awkwardly as we head for the door.
...

"you wanna tell me what we're doing here?" kate asked as we looked at the building across.

"something very important to me is pinging inside that apartment. it was stolen from a black market auction. i need it back." clint responded while i kept squinting at it through the binoculars.

"no lights, no movement. this is our chance."i mumble while staring inside.

"this would've been easier if we were on a higher rooftop."

"that's what you think."

"yeah, exactly. that's why i said it."

"kate, you always wanna prioritize a quick exit over a quick entrance so when things go sideways, and they usually do, you have an exit strategy. that's exactly why i chose this spot. it's got good sight lines for all my exits. entry should be easy. think it should take
me about three and a half minutes to get in."

"she's gone." i blink while staring at the spot kate was at. "kate?" we turn to cars honking and someone yelling. kate was walking towards the building.

"kate? kate?" i ask through the comms.

"there you are."

"i told you you're supposed to be look out."

"yeah, but of the three of us, who do you trust not to get distracted?"

"that's not fair, that your inability to act like a grown-up helps you get your way."

"no, it's not. but it is what it is."

"alright look i need you to use my grappling hook and arrow to anchor yourself in. propel down the side of the building to the window. if it's locked, break in quietly." i command sternly.

"yeah, love all of that. great plan, just a slight tweak though. good evening, sir. can i help you with your bags?" i hear her speak and look down to see her helping an old man making me sigh.