drag queen fit

i wake up to feel somebody shaking me awake making me groan. i squint my eyes to see my dad crouching down so we're on the same eye level.

he smirks and says, "come on you're going home."

i scoff out a humorless chuckle, "uh no i'm not, i'm doing this with you."

"i don't care i'm not letting you get hurt." he says making me roll my eyes, "oh, like i didn't fight thanos." he sighs while pinching the bridge of his nose.

"fine, get up we gotta go drop off your siblings." i nod. i go to get up but there's weight on my body. i look down to see kate on my chest. "don't wake up your girlfriend." i'm about to respond but he closes the door on his way out.

i'm not gonna lie she looks cute even when she's asleep. the way her lips are parted a little bit. 

i sigh moving her body off of me careful not to wake her up. she stirs in her sleep a little bit making me pause my movements. she stops stirring awake making me sigh and cover her with the blanket again. i then follow my dad out.
~~~
i'm stood behind lila hugging her from behind while we wait for my dad. i turn around when my dad finally arrives.

"okay, guys. this is a car to the airport. once you get to the airport, coopers in charge. no donuts, buddy." clint says making lila's face fall.

"what? why's he in charge? he's an idiot." i hum while agreeing with lila, "she's right cooper couldn't even figure out how to put the car in reverse."

"i may be an idiot but i got seniority, and alex we're supposed to be almost the same age."

"too bad i'm older now." i stick my middle finger up making him stick his tongue out.

"hey you two stop it!" clint says making us immediately stop while lila laughs.

"more important words is 'don't lose nate' or else mom will kill us all, one by one." i nod at both lila and cooper.

"come on lila let's go!" i call out when i turn around while my dad and nate are using sign language."huh? what's with this face?"

"you and dad have a cut on your forehead, alex. whats going on? should we be worried?"

"no, no. it's nothing. we've got this. it's no big deal. okay? come on." i wrap my arm around her to lead her to the car but she stops to turn to me.

"i really though you'd be home for christmas. hey, look at me. i'll be home for christmas." i look at her eyes.

"promise me, promise?" she pleads.

"i promise." i pull her into a hug. "dad said coops in charge. he's not. you're in charge. you always have been. look after these boys. and here," i pause pulling out some money, "buy yourself donuts. merry christmas. i love you, i'll see you soon."  i usher lila into the car.

"you guys be safe, we love you." clint says as i close the door for lila

"bye dad, bye alex!" nate calls out from the back.
clint and i smile as they drive away, but our smiles drop as soon as they're a little bit away.

i sigh turning to clint, "let's do this so we can go home."
~~~
"oh, my god. wait. wait, they think i... they think i'm that... vigilante?" kate stammers over her words as we look at the tv.

"it's been less that 24 hours, you've been on the news twice. impressive." i chuckle making her glare at me. i raise my hand in surrender, "told you that suit was bad news."

"clint, alex, i gotta go."

"uh, no, no, no. that is, uh, the last thing you need to do, actually." i hum while nodding in agreement.

"let's not forget the tracksuit guys trying to kill you twice yesterday."

"i'm going to find this suit, and until i do, you're gonna stay put. alex you too." he says making me look at him and whine, "oh come on i'm not a child."

"not showing up at work is not safe. my mom is already high strung. i'm surprised she hasn't called me already."

"just stay put, please."

"look, if i stay put, she's just gonna come and find me, anyway. she owns a security company. it's literally the safest place i can go." kate begs as she walks up to us.

"yeah, no. you're just not gonna listen to me, are you?"

"i want to, but no."

"alright get dressed, you look ridiculous, alex will take you." he gives me a knowing look making me squint my eyes.

"leave katie and her drag queen outfit alone."

"hm, i'll go see what else she has." she walks away covering her chest with the furry coat making me chuckle.
~~~

"i'm gonna be late thanks to you." 

"you're gonna be alive cause of me." i mumble looking at my surroundings. i grab her shoulder moving her to the side of me so we can switch sides.

"hey man, here you go." a man says making me swat his hands away.

"oh, being a gentlewoman, walking on the outside. nice."

"no, i'm always a gentlewoman, kate. i have manners."

"mommy, mommy a superhero." we turn around to see kid, "wow, stevie, you wanna say hi?" they just walk past us.

"hey, look, that one's you." she nods her head at a person with a black suit and guns.

"nope," i pop out the 'p', "that's al pacino. how'd you even get al pacino from me? anyway let's go." i put my hand on her lower back making her move.

"your problem is branding." she explains making me look at her.

"no my problem is this suit. and people trying to kill you for it. it's a problem we're going to solve today. so i can go home to my family."

"no. it's branding."
~~~

"the office is here, should we make out- meet at the safe house after work." she corrects making me internally smirk.

"you know if all goes as planned today, this is probably gonna be the last time we see each other."

"the only thing you've taught me is how to lose a tail." she mumbles in disbelief.

"i mean yeah, i also taught you how to bandage a wound. give me your phone." she grabs her phone and hands it to me. i immediately punch in my number and hand it back.

"text me whenever kate, i'll be waiting for a text." i wink at her making her blush a bit.

"great, merry christmas." she leans up a bit to kiss me cheek making me smile.

"i'll see you later katie." i turn around walking away.

the last thing i hear was her call out, "it's kate!" making me smile while shaking my head.