igloo azaela

"let me go."

"no." i whimper holding her hand. "it's okay."
"no!" i scream as she lets go pushing her hand off me. without a doubt i cut the wire, diving after her.

as my hand was close to her waist, reaching out, she hit the ground, disappearing into fog. my eyes widen as i slam the ground but dont feel anything.

looking around i see i'm in a dark place, nothing in sight. "hello?" my voice echos all around.

suddenly a hand, with gloves cut off from the finger tips, breaks through the ground, grabbing my ankles making me fall. 

panting i look at the figure squinting my eyes, "you couldn't save me." her deep, raspy voice spoke, as she crawled over me.

"n-nat?" i cry out as she sat on my waist staring at me. squinting at her face i look at her hair, a shade of red is darker than the rest. "what's happening?" i cry, breathing heavily.

"you couldn't save me!" she screamed at the top of her lungs. closing my eyes i chant, "this isn't real. this isn't real. this isn't..."

stopping i slowly open my eyes and see her face, no blood. "natasha?"

"i'm here. i'm alive. i'm real, sweetheart." she gave me a soft smile before it slowly turned into a frown.

"natasha?" i speak lowly, below a whisper.

"hey, cora." she spoke lowly. "i'm here." her voice now deeper than it usually is.

"i'm alive. i'm alive. i'm alive." she repeated, with a deep voice as her face melted showing her skull.

"this isn't real!" i scream.

gasping i open my eyes, panting, trying to catch my breath. sweat covered my body and face. looking down i see kate sleeping peacefully.

rubbing my eyes, i look over at the clock on my night stand. 3:33 am. sighing i disconnect my phone from the charger and get changed into black sweats, and a gray hoodie.

turning on my flashlight i tiptoe over to my connected bathroom, and brush my teeth. after i brush my teeth i make my way down to the kitchen getting started on coffee.

5 minutes later i'm sipping on my coffee, while playing with my ring. "i'm sorry i failed you nat."

pushing myself off the counter i make my way outside, grabbing a shovel, my boots, and a beanie.

placing my hands on my waist i whisper, "where to get started...? i'll start on the drive way."

an hour later it was now 4:50. having the pile of snow on one side i began building them to blocks.

"i know you can hear me, nat." i mumble as i stack the blocks on one another. "we did it; we won. now i'm living my life reunited with my family, and beautiful girlfriend, kate."

"and it's all thanks to you, and tony. i just wished there was another way for us to get that stone. you'd be here with me doing this stupid igloo like we used to do when i was a kid." wiping the tears off my face i continue stacking them, now on the second layer.

"this stupid igloo we call, igloo azalea, after listening to her black widow song. you'd be here and we'd be with yelena drinking until we barfed just like we planned to."

"i miss you so much, i love you. i hope you're doing okay in paradise. goodbye for now nat, we'll see each other again." pausing my build i sit on my knees, crying my eyes out.

i don't know how long i was there crying for until i felt a warm body wrap their arms around me. immediately, the honey smell invaded my nose, it was kate.